Archived News Hits
(Links will open in new window)
Week of April 24, 2011
Week of April 17, 2011
Week of April 10, 2011
Week of April 3, 2011
Week of April 24, 2011
How to get government handouts for oil companies and get away with it
From 2005-2010, Big Oil Spent Vast Majority Of Its Net Profit Enriching Executives
Smoking Gun Reports Donald Trump Was A Draft Dodger
- And, once again, the big bad "independent" Texas Republican Governor is asking for a federal government handout --- for his wealthy Texas ranchers. Rick Perry to President Obama: Screw Alabama, what about Texas?
- Yeah, they're real "brave" as long as they're among "friendlies". GOP Freshman Ends First Town Hall After Tough Questions On Tax Cuts For The Wealthy: 'We're Done'
- Right! "Hint" is FBI Hints at Criminal Charges in Upper Big Branch Mine Disaster all they'll do. We can't be punishing white-collar murderers here in America!
- Rep. Scott DesJarlais (R-TN) flaunts nearly $4.5 million in grant money - entirely funded by the Affordable Care Act - for the construction of a community health clinic in Cumberland County, Tennessee. Another GOP Congressman Touts Millions In Health Reform Money He Called 'Socialized Medicine' Last Year
Oklahoma GOPer: It's A Fact That 'Blacks' Don't Work As Hard
- Those poor oil companies; they're being blamed for those "low-life gas-station owners who are 'the cause of high gas prices'". Profits soar as oil companies victimized again by high gas prices
- Right-Wing Leaders Tap the Less Well Off to Pay for Tax Cuts for the Rich The Not-So-Secret Conservative Plot to Raise Taxes on the Middle Class - For every dollar saved by government, seniors would pay CEPR: Republican Medicare plan costs seniors $7 for every $1 government saves . Over the 75-year planning horizon for Medicare, that would amount to more than seven dollars for beneficiaries.
$34 trillion additional costs
Tennessee GOP Votes To Allow Corporations To Contribute Directly To Candidates - Tennessee inches us closer to fascism and the death of democracy.
Facing Trump Backlash, Groupon Announces It Will Stop Sponsoring The Apprentice
- The forces of big business needed only to lay out some campaign cash -- and quicker than you can say, "Business as usual," the budding [tea party] lawmakers snatched up the money and immediately began carrying the lobbyists' corporate agenda. Wall Street Tames Washington
- Barack Obama is, historically speaking, a moderate Republican. On three big issues Obama has championed approaches that Republicans themselves supported only a couple of decades ago. Is Obama a Republican?
- People 55 and over The threat to today's seniors in the Republican Medicare/Medicaid plan be dramatically effected by the Ryan plan. will Usually Bill Maher's comments aren't worth the attention, but he got a ringer with
. 'Tea Baggers' Are 'Corporate America's Useful Idiots' - How are you celebrating Chernobyl Day? The folks in Texas City, Texas are celebrating by staying indoors and sealing their windows and door with duct tape. It's called "shelter in place" and it"s not really a Chernobyl Day commemoration, it"s the citizens only defense against noxious fumes emanating from three refineries and a vinyl acetate facility that have experienced a power loss.
The government the polluters paid for
Under House Budget, "Tax Reform" Places Top Priority on High-Income Tax Cuts and Ignores Deficit Reduction
- The Federal Reserve propped up banks with big infusions of cash during the depths of the financial crisis in 2008 and 2009. Backdoor Bailouts: Banks Play Shell Game with Taxpayer Dollars Banks that took billions of dollars from the Fed then turned around and loaned money back to the federal government. It was a sweet deal for the bankers.
Unequal Protection: The Early Role of Corporations in America
- Predictably, House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) is already walking back his sudden and widely reported shift toward ending taxpayer giveaways to the oil industry. Speaker Boehner Didn't Want To Defend GOP Support For Oil Subsidies, So He Lied
- The damning new Senate report proves Wall Street still can't be trusted to police itself. Did Goldman lie to Congress? A damning new Senate report savages the Wall Street giant.
People Call Obama Muslim In Lieu Of 'I Don't Like Him Cause He's Black'
- Two years ago, Tea Party members [were] out to congressional town hall meetings to shout down any resasonable discusson on health reform. The media were all over it. This year, Progressives are coming out in force to confront Republican members of Congress about budget cuts, Medicare "reform" and the attempts to repeal, defund or otherwise cripple reform. Where's the media? Where are the cameras at this year's town meetings?
- Today's media and political powers, for example, keep using the word "conservative" to describe current political trends in our democratic republic. Poor choice of words. From Democracy to Plutocracy: There's Nothing Conservative About Governor Walker's Autocratic Power Grab
- When did our democracy die? When did it irrevocably transform itself into a lifeless farce and absurd political theater? When did the press, labor, universities and the Democratic Party wither and atrophy? The Corporate State Wins Again
- Inspired by Ronald Reagan and funded by the right's richest donors, a web of free-market think tanks has fueled the nationwide attack on workers' rights. The Right-Wing Network Behind the War on Unions
A policy of regime change means nation building in Libya
- Their work is riddled with methodological errors and omissions. Report knocks legs from under study saying regulations cost the economy $1.75 trillion
- Translation: "I only represent the people who think like I think and want what I want. The remaining 90% of you can go to hell! For that lousy $174,000 per year, I don't have to listen to you!" Duffy Gets Huffy: Congressman Tells Voters Concerned With Ryan Budget To 'Have Your Own Town Hall'
- Obviously our laws and courts think stealing a slice of pizza is much worse than stealing billions from American citizens. Which is worse--theft of pizza or hiding almost $5 million from the IRS?
- 235 House Republicans voted for Paul Ryan's 2012 budget which would add $6 trillion in new debt over the next decade. All of which means the U.S. will repeatedly have to increase the debt ceiling for years to come. The Republican Truth Deficit on the Debt Ceiling
- The current GOP campaign of budgetary hostage-taking over the U.S. debt ceiling is tantamount to economic terrorism. After all, Republicans are threatening financial ruin for the United States and the global economy if their demands for draconian budget cuts are not met. Republican Economic Terrorism
- Read a hypothetical letter to Governor Rick Perry from President Obama. Texas Governor Rick Perry is Against the Federal Government Until He Needs Money from the Federal Government
Surprise, Surprise: Iraq War Was About Oil
- Is there any doubt any more that the GOP cares more about Rick Santorum: I Would 'Absolutely' Let The Country Default Over Defunding The Health Care Law ideology than they do their country? And this man wants to be our President! our
- Out of their 18-year history, this has got to go down as Fox News Airs Hour-Long Special On Liberal Media Bias their biggest hypocrisy ever.
- Can anyone say "hypocrisy" and "blackmail"? Sen. Graham Trades Judicial Confirmations for a $50,000 Study
- That's our human legacy - the few, driven by greed, corruptiion & power, deciding the fate of the masses. The Earth's Destiny and Our Fates are Being Determined by Approximately 500 Wealthy Men and Corporations
Week of April 17, 2011
- The politicians who demanded this are truly beneath contempt. Adding Insult to Injury, Sick 9/11 First Responders Must Be Screened For Terrorist Ties Before They Can Get Treatment
- Rep. Darrell Issa (R-CA), Wealthiest Member Of Congress Is Way Out Of Touch With American Income Levels the wealthiest member of Congress, illustrated how hopelessly out of touch he is with average Americans when he suggested that individuals making over $200,000 a year are "well into the middle class."
- Now is not the time for political posturing because without action, GOP Posturing on Debt Ceiling Could Lead to Economic Disaster the U.S. economy will crumble.
- I've arrived. I'm a "senior." And now I'm paying a lot more attention to what the Right and Talking Revolution: The New Elderly Generation can Provide the Spark for an American Rising its paymaster, the corporate lobby, are trying to do, not just to my retirement plan (which is Social Security. period), but also to Medicare, the program upon which my medical care will depend once my wife decides to retire from her university job.
- Congress has held 60 hearings and introduced 150 bills to improve the safety of offshore drilling. But not a single piece of legislation has been adopted. Congress and Oil Spill Safety Laws: Introduced-150; Passed-0
- Conservatives [argued] that such a tax would stymie job growth and force millionaires to flee to other states with friendlier tax policies. But a new study instituted in 2004 had a negligible effect on its millionaire population. In fact, New Jersey's millionaire population actually grew. Despite Myths, New Jersey's 'Millionaire's Tax' Didn't Force Mass Migration Of The Rich
Wall Street Spending As Much To Undermine Dodd-Frank Regulations As It Spent Trying To Block Dodd-Frank
- Unions representing Central Florida teachers, firefighters, police and other government workers are pulling an estimated $10 million from five banks affiliated with the Florida Chamber of Commerce, blaming them for an attack on public employees. Central Florida Unions To Pull Funds From Banks Supporting Anti-Worker Agenda
Upward redistribution continues in the USA
- Rising gasoline prices, coupled with the steepest increase in food prices in a generation, is threatening to push the US economy into a recession, according to findings from a research firm. Killer Combo of High Gas, Food Prices at Key Tipping Point
The Real Deficit Culprits: Offshoring and Corporate Tax Evasion
How You Can Have a Billion-Dollar Income in America and Pay No Taxes
- One of the witnesses invited to testify was none other than Issa funder Tom Nassif, the CEO of the Western Growers Association. Nassif, who has donated over $20,000 to Issa's campaigns and is an admitted "personal friend" of Issa's, has now had his voice heard before Congress for the second time in a little over two months. Rep. Issa's Friend And Funder Is Invited Back To Testify
PolitiFact acknowledges GOP proposal would end Medicare 'as we know it'
Inhofe Claims Fracking Has 'Never' Contaminated Water Supply One Day After Spill Contaminates Stream
First it was Paul Ryan and now More Republican Congressmen Face Town Hall Backlash Over Tax Breaks For Wealthy And Medicare Privatization
- Saudi Arabia announced it is cutting back production because the market is Gas price culpability "oversupplied". But wait, what? According to the Republicans in Congress, the only way we can lower gas prices is to increase supply.
- Did you get that? This is the Tea party favors privatizing Medicare; Republicans and conservative oppose voters we're talking about here.
- And so do 84 percent oppose GOP Medicare plan 70% Of Tea Partiers. Yet they'll still vote for them come next election season.
- The GOP ran on jobs, now runs over women. Republicans' 2012 Slogan: It's Anything But the Economy, Stupid
- Do you remember economic uncertainty? The GOP spent most of the 2010 campaign season issuing dark warnings about the terrible consequences of economic uncertainty. Uncertainty was the great peril stalking the U.S. economy, and the Republicans would not stand for it. That was then; this is now. On Debt Ceiling, GOP Causing Economic Uncertainty It Once Decried
- Ezra Klein points out that it's a bit odd to hear Cantor whine about the debt ceiling given that the budget plan they just passed would add $6 trillion to the national debt over the next decade. Because GOP schizophrenia on debt ceiling republicans can't meet their own deficit and spending targets. Plus
the Ryan plan cuts taxes for the rich - but why?
Best Way to Raise Campaign Money? Investigate Banks
- One of the things that has allowed David Barton to so successfully peddle his pseudo-history for so long is that he tends only to appear in friendly venues where the hosts and audience eat up his bunk and never challenge him on his claims. David Barton Refuses To Debate His Bogus History
- Remember Ken Blackwell? He was Ohio's secretary of state in 2004 who was accused of throwing the presidential vote in that crucial swing state in favor of George W. Bush and overseeing "massive and unprecedented voter irregularities and anomalies" that disenfranchised tens of thousands of voters. GOPer Behind Ohio's Botched 2004 Election Eyes Senate Run
- When will the Republicans cough up the "replace" part of "repeal and replace?" Post-repeal vote, where's the Republican healthcare plan?
- In the last few decades we as a country have conducted textbook scientific experiments with taxes. Under Reagan we dramatically cut taxes at the top, under Clinton we raised them a bit, and then under Bush we cut them again. So now we can look at what happened: Did cutting taxes make the economy grow? Conservative tax tricks: Did tax cuts grow the economy?
- Funny how that works. Once you decide to seriously consider running for the Presidency, you "abandon" your past "beliefs". Stephanopoulos presents Bachmann with Obama certificate; she says that 'should settle' Birther issue
Dems offer Medicare, Social Security changes, GOP still says no to tax increases
- It wasn't that long ago that America solved a debt crisis by (gasp) ... raising taxes on the rich The decade the GOP hopes you've forgotten
- Another inch toward fascism. David Prosser, Walker's Scalia, Says He Will Fight a Recount Even Though It's the Wisconsin Law
Of course many in Congress don't want to control Medicare costs
One year later, you'd think the Deepwater Horizon spill never happened at all
- Surprise, surprise! Who would've thought! A Year After Spill, BP Gives Big Bucks To GOP Leadership
The toll of the BP gusher
- A small but growing [group of] Democrats are lining up to oppose a major element of Obama's deficit reduction plan - All Democrats Opposing Medicare Panel Have Major Industry Ties and all have received major campaign contributions to the health care industry.
- The renewed effort to tamp down birtherism underscores a view held by many establishment Republicans that the conspiracy theorists make up a small subset [50%] of the party base and risk turning off swing voters more interested in jobs and economic concerns. Awww, 'top' Republicans embarrassed by their birther base. What a shame
Why Should We Trust Any Of These Rating Agencies After They Destroyed The Economy?
Republican Governors Quietly Accept Federal Dollars -- While Attacking Federal Spending
Republicans 'Totally Out Of The Closet' With Plan To End Medicare
- Yeah, yeah, yeah! Typical Republican Presidential candidate. And I bet he's "for raising taxes on the wealthy & corporations, and increasing social benefits"; until he's elected! Pawlenty Suggests His Administration Would Go After Wall Street Criminals Better Than Bush And Obama
Leaked Tell-All Manuscript By Former Aide Suggests Sarah Palin Broke Election Law
Our fiscal problems did not begin in 2010
- In the last few decades conservatives cut taxes on the rich. And then they cut taxes on the rich. And then they cut taxes on the rich. And then they did it even more. Finally, after cutting, cutting and cutting taxes on the rich they complain that there isn't any money to run our government! Conservative tax tricks: Are we 'broke'?
Farm Loophole Really Helps the Rich
- Well, well, well. Paul Ryan is a typical Republican hypocrite. Who could have predicted that? There was a time when Paul Ryan thought the Federal Debt was too small
- Big corporate interests and conservative Republicans are so used to bullying people into easy submission, that when someone stands up to them, they lose it awfully fast. Bullies
- Sen. Dick Durbin today comes right out with it: Social Security cuts are on the table in budget negotiations. Dick Durbin: Don't rule out cuts to Social Security
Top 'U.S.' Corporations Outsourced More Than 2.4 Million American Jobs Over The Last Decade
- And Tea party fizzle across the nation more and more and more!
- Wall Street has continued erecting monuments to its own greed. The British Guardian reported on April 12 that Goldman Sachs' paid its top five directors almost US$70 million in 2010. Wall Street Greed Hits New Lows
- Businesses hate taxes, which is why they love lobbying the federal government in a bid to keep them low, lower or less than that. Corporations, Special Interests Lobbying Taxes to Death
- Just another bill for political ideology the 'fiscal responsibility' GOP has handed the taxpayers of America. Thank God it wasn't a Democrat that did this. Boehner Hires $5 Million Lawyer To Defend Unconstitutional Law
- A special unit created in 2009 by the IRS to audit wealthy Americans with IRS Completed Only 13 High Wealth Audits in 18 Months foreign assets has investigated only 13 tax returns to date.
Spitzer to Holder: Prosecute Goldman Sachs or Resign (video)
Why you can't trust conservative deficit warriors: Remembering the George Bush budget of 2001
Wealthiest Americans paying 17 percent effective income tax rate, down 9 points since 1992
Union supporters outflank Sarah Palin's tea party crowd in Wisconsin
In 12 Years, Income For Richest 400 Americans Quadruples, Tax Rate Nearly Halved
- There is a huge difference in one important aspect between the Medicare program in the Ryan budget plan and the Federal Employee Health Benefit Plan for federal employees and for members of Congress. Comparing Ryan's Medicare Plan to What Congress Gets
- Super rich taxes have declined Super Rich See Federal Taxes Drop Dramatically 9% over the past 20 years while the average has been only 0.6% over the same period.
- Yet oil prices continues to rise - not on supply & demand, but on commodity traders' greed. Read next. Saudis Slash Oil Output; Say Market Oversupplied
- Those damn progressives! Progressive Lawmakers Warn A 'Significant Portion' Of Gas Prices Is Due To Speculation, Call For Crack Down. How dare they insist on laws that prevent Wall Street from ripping off the public!
- Yeah, that was Republicans Were Against Ryan Plan Before They Were For It before the elections last November when they knew they'd lose if they came out in favor of it.
- Low and middle income people would lose tax credits worth about $49.4 million over two years. After Pledging To Not Raise Taxes, Walker Proposes Hiking Taxes And Fees On The Poor And Students
- Ryan is effectively proposing one of the Republican Medicare, Republican socialism, massive Republican tax increase largest middle-class tax increases in history.
- And the GOP has voted to virtually defund half of the FDA. Study: Half of supermarket meat may have staph bug
- So that settles it! Now that it's "officially" out of the "record", Kyl revises Congressional Record to omit 'well over 90% of what Planned Parenthood does' is abortion he never lied! How convenient!
- With the Ryan plan effectively destroying senior's safety net, GOP upset that Democrats are Republicans Suddenly Worried About Scaring Seniors? actually saying so; yet when they scared seniors two years ago with actual lies it was OK.
Will Anyone Even Insure Seniors if Paul Ryan's Medicare Plan Passes?
- The answer is 'Yes' he does, but why should it matter? You're going to give him what he wants anyway! Obama To Boehner In Budget Talks: 'You Think We're Stupid?'
- Keep this in mind when the Presidential race begins. Santorum: Ryan Is 'Wrong' Because He Doesn't Force Current Seniors Into Medicare Privatization Scheme
Week of April 10, 2011
Energy dollars fueled campaigns of Democrats who defected on EPA vote
- Deja Vu: [Congress and the President] adopted harsh fiscally conservative policies before the economy had fully recovered, and a bad economy in 1937 relapsed to an even worse economy. Republicans destroy jobs; Democrats ignore jobs
- Question to GOP: You've been in control for more than three months now, and you haven't yet passed any sort of bill to create jobs. What are you waiting for? Why aren't you interested in job creation? 100 days of GOP rule. Still no jobs bills
- And he said it while testifing in front of Congress Scott Walker Admits Union-Busting Provision 'Doesn't Save Any' Money For The State Of Wisconsin
U.S. Nuclear Regulator Lets Industry Help With the Fine Print
Something Smells In Waukesha County, Wisconsin - And It's Not The Cheese
- And to think we have to listen to the GOP preaching to the rest of us on fiscal responsibility. Lindsey Graham Declares 'No Nominations Go Forward' Until He Gets A $50,000 Project
- Yeah, just another sack of crap Bush and his Republican Congress sold the public. FLASHBACK: In 2001 Address, Bush Said The National Debt Would Be Paid Off In Ten Years
How Koch Industries Manipulates The Oil Market For Profit
Boehner on Obama's Speech: It's Paul Ryan's Plan Or Bust
- FYI: This amounts to less than 1% of the $38 billion touted by both parties. CBO: Budget deal cuts this fiscal year's deficit by just $352 million, not $38 billion touted
Ryan's budget cuts cost 2.2 million jobs over two years
- This comes due in two years. What kind of financial crisis can we expect in 2013 & 2014? Banks face $3.6 trillion "wall" of maturing debt
Republicans Are Only Too Happy To Spend -- On the Rich
- Republicans never run out of excuses why past trickle-down-economics didn't work; but they still try to sell us on the false idea. I guess 30 years just isn't enough time. Rep. Cantor Invokes 9/11 To Avoid Explaining Terrible Economic Growth After Bush Tax Cuts
- Yeah, yeah, we know! When the truth isn't popular either change the definition or ignore the issue. Boehner: When we say 'privatize' Medicare, we don't mean 'privatize'
12 Tax-Dodging Corporations Spent $1 Billion To Influence Washington Over The Last Decade
- Why is the Federal Reserve forking over $220 million in bailout money to the wives of two Morgan Stanley bigwigs? The Real Housewives of Wall Street
- Right to work came to Louisiana in 1976 and drastically changed my family's work for the worse. Right-to-work law brings falling wages, 80-hour weeks
- This is exactly the reason why one can't trust a Rupert Murdoch-owned news service. WSJ rewrites Plouffe comment about raising debt ceiling
- The House Republican budget ends Medicare and doubles the costs to seniors Ryan's Budget Attempts to End Medicare and Shift Costs to Seniors
- Translation: Republican Orrin Hatch: "Delay implementation of Dodd-Frank" We need more time to get public support in killing financial reform.
- Either Jeff Sessions or Jon Kyl. Probably Kyl since he's not running for re-election. Who is the Mysterious Senator who is Fighting against Whistleblowers?
The Economy is Booming again...for CEOs
Top Wisconsin recall target thinks police, firefighters should lose collective bargaining rights
- A "perfect" GOP Presidential candidate Romney Founded Business That Utilized Offshore Tax Havens, Costing Taxpayers Billions In Lost Revenue
- On Trump: "This is a man who lives like a billionaire using other people's money. He's been broke for years, but his investors keep pumping money in so they won't lose everything." One outraged citizen at a time
- Paul Ryan's rise as a supposed "serious thinker" is a sad symbol of our political class's depraved and sadistic sense of morality. Why are we letting a vindictive Randroid dork rule our political discourse?
Witch Hunt: Rep. Issa To Target Political Enemies In FCIC Probe
Virginia Tea Party Senate Candidate Jamie Radtke Endorses Elimination Of The Minimum Wage
Prepare For Revolution: The Empire State Rebellion Begins on June 14th
As Services For Main Street Are Gutted, Richest Pay Lowest Taxes In A Generation
- Yeah, right! When was the last time a politicians "assurance" was worth anything. Paul Ryan Assures America That Competition Will Drive Down Medical Costs
- We're talking about wealthy white-collar crime here. What else was expected? Fraudulent Mortgage Bankers To Get Slap On Wrist, No Supervision in Agreement
- That just about says it all. Eric Cantor to Poor and Middle Class: Die. After her "Death Panel" memes, she's got the balls to say this!!!???:
Sarah Palin: It's 'Insulting' The Scare Tactics Obama 'Tried To Shove Down The Public's Throat'
- She may an idiotm most of the time, but this one deserves a grammy. Rep. Nancy Pelosi: 'To My Republican Friends, Take Back Your Party'
Week of April 3, 2011
- Heroin is less addictive than are tax cuts for high-income individuals and corporations. Give them a little and they smile and nod off for a while. But next thing you know they're back for more. Paul Ryan's austerity budget for us mainlines tax-cut fix for addicted plutocrats
- They earned billions off criminal activities, but fined only $78 million. And who says white-collar crime doesn't pay. J&J settles U.S., UK bribery, kickback charges
Republicans dodge downside of Medicaid plan
- Plan's $4.3 Trillion in Program Cuts, Offset by $4.2 Trillion in Tax Cuts, Ryan Budget Plan Produces Far Less Real Deficit Cutting than Reported Yield Just $155 Billion in Deficit Reduction
- House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan's name for his budget - "The Path to Prosperity" - is a cruel joke. Ryan Plan's "Path to Prosperity" Is Just for the Wealthy
Joseph Stiglitz: Of the 1% by the 1% for the 1%
As the American Economic Pie Gets Smaller, The Rich Want Bigger Slices
The Democrats have a plan for controlling health-care costs. Paul Ryan doesn't.
Something is Rotten in the State of Wisconsin: 7,500 New GOP Votes From 'Human Error'. Shouldn't DOJ Step In?
- Representative Paul Ryan's budget proposal to end traditional Medicare for future generations would benefit private insurers, whose employees have given the Wisconsin Republican more money than any other industry. Ryan's budget proposal gives big payoff to insurers
Paul Ryan: GOP Budget Gives Seniors Same Health Care as Congress ... Only Way More Expensive
CBO: Seniors would pay most of their income for healthcare under Ryan Medicare plan
US Chamber lobbies for more financial speculation, higher gas prices
Will Paul Ryan Propose a Giant Tax Hike To Make Tax Cuts For the Rich Affordable?
- Rep. Ryan's budget simply doesn't describe exactly how his tax plan would work, instead resorting to broad bullet points that conveniently skip over important details. Paul Ryan's Hidden Middle-Class Tax Hike
- This budget would lock Americans into paying high, volatile energy prices. It would ensure that millions of clean energy jobs are created oversees-not here in the United States. Protecting Big Oil at the Expense of the Future
Glenn Beck predicts imminent revolutionary violence from the Left this summer -- just like he did in 2010. And in 2009.
Sen. Paul: Regulation To Reduce Black-Lung Is Too "Burdensome"
- By now, you probably know that economists think the unemployment projections in Rep. Paul Ryan's budget are laughably optimistic. Or, as MIT's Jonathan Gruber put it, "insane." What you may not have noticed is that many of Ryan's Republican colleagues apparently agree. Even House GOP Leaders Don't Take House GOP Budget Projections Seriously
GOP Budget Includes Medicare Cuts GOP Insisted Would Hurt Seniors
- Thus the reason a lot more votes for Prosser was "accidentally discovered". Scott Walkers Attorney Says Justice David Prosser Is Vital To Anti-Worker Agenda
Rep. Paul Ryan's Budget: Lots Of Tax Cuts For The Rich, Not Many Jobs
Senators Fighting Financial Regulation Are Bankrolled By Wall Street
CBO: Seniors, States, Working Americans Stand To Suffer From GOP Budget Plan
CBO: GOP Budget Would Increase Debt, Then Stick It To Medicare Patients
GOP unveils plan to eliminate Medicare, press neglects to ask about it
- The Heritage Foundation GOP fiscal plan relies on projections from group that predicted Bush boom
FLASHBACK: Ryan Repeatedly Attacked Democrats For Supposedly Raiding And Cutting Medicare
Paul Ryan Does Wall Street's Bidding In Budget
Bristol Palin's Nonprofit Paid Her Seven Times What It Spent On Actual Teen Pregnancy Prevention
As Taxpayers Pad Big Oil's Soaring Profits, Landry Praises Excessive CEO Compensation As 'The American Dream'
Issa Falsely Claims He Ended Earmark Requests Benefiting His Real Estate After Purchase
Rep. Gerry Connolly Proposes Officially Changing Title Of Anti-EPA Bill To 'Koch Brothers Appreciation Act'
- And that included a 26% increase above what the last person in the same job was making. I guess Wisconsins' budget isn't in such bad shape after all. Scott Walker Gives $81,500 Government Job To Top Donor's 26-Year-Old College Dropout Son
- His personal driver also got a job on the parole board at $116,500 per year. Gov. Chris Christie Takes Care Of His Buddies, Puts His Personal Chiropractor On State Licensing Board
- Talk about voter suppression on a large scale: "Nearly forty years after a constitutional amendment conferring voting rights on eighteen year-olds was passed into law, and signed by President Richard Nixon, the American Legislative Exchange Council is doing all it can to make it difficult for young people to vote." Is the Shadowy World of ALEC and the Koch Brothers Leading the GOP's Charge to Suppress the Youth Vote?
- Good grief! Is O'Donnell Lawrence O'Donnell: 'The Democrats Have Caved Completely' On The Budget just now seeing this. A blind man could have see that they have.
- Rewarded for manslaughter. And we thought Wall Street bankers were the only arrogant CEO's! BP Parent Company Transocean Gives Executives Bonuses For "Safety Performance"
- Just another example of the GOP's fuzzy math. Gingrich Credits December Tax Cuts For 13 Months Of Job Growth
- Well, I guess not!!! Kissing up to the same people who got us into this mess will never bring change - You closet-Republican! Obama On Re-Elect: Lasting Change Doesn't Come 'Quickly Or Easily'
- [E]ven though Citizens for a Strong America lists no staff on its website, its website name was purchased by John W. Connors of Milwaukee, who has been a leader of "Americans for Prosperity," a right-wing group chaired by oil billionaire David Koch. Leader Of Koch Front Group Is Behind Ads Supporting Wisconsin Justice David Prosser
- Texas' health care (reform) system and malpractice reform has Lone star state 'reform' a Texas-sized distortion increased the cost of health care in Texas.
- QUOTE: "Uh, when was that passed? Iím not aware of what you're speaking." Rep. Graves Calls GOP's Billions In Oil Subsidies 'Market Manipulation;' [Conveniently] Forgets That He Voted To Extend Them
Obama's New Jobs Chief Specializes In Closing Plants, Laying People Off And Cutting Wages And Benefits. Hmm.
- And, since October 2008, the banks have been allowed to collect interest on the excess reserves. At a rate of 0.25%, they gained $2.7 billion from taxpayers in 2010. Banks Still Earning Interest on $1 Trillion Reserves Thanks to Federal Reserve
- Big banks have decided to take their cheap capital they borrow at basically zero percent and invest into commodities, i.e., agricultural futures like Wheat, Corn, and Soybeans, energy futures like Oil and Gasoline, and industrial and precious metals like Copper, Gold and Silver. U.S. Consumers Have Big Banks To Blame For High Gasoline Prices
- Re-read above headline, then ask yourself: Is this Stock Rally at Risk as Fed Ponders Exit Strategy really a free market as our Grand Old Party would have us believe? Talk about "Big Government".
- So tell me seniors and soon-to-be seniors; How proud are you now that you "showed those damn Democrats"? GOP Budget Proposal for 2012 to Gut Medicaid
And seniors; if the previous headline isn't enough for you, try this: Rep. Cantor says Social Security 'Cannot Exist' in His America
- Yeah, they can "gut Medicare" take away Social Security but Ryan refuses to say if new GOP budget will end corporate welfare no touching our masters.
- Well, that didn't take long. Of course, big money can always buy a big government. BP to restart deepwater drilling in Gulf
- Visit the link and see "Her Majesty" Meg Whitman. The California GOP's assault on democracy
The rise, and looming fall, of 'education reformer' Michelle Rhee
Beggar Thy Neighbor, Beggar Thyself - Having won one class war, Republicans are starting a second. To perpetuate record levels of income inequality not seen since before the Great Depression, conservatives are agitating for middle class Americans to wage a civil war on each other.
In Historic Shift, Police and Fire Unions Say They'll Support Pro-Union Candidates
Common Peoples Source for News
Copyright © 2007 -
All Rights Reserved