* meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" */>
March 2012 News Hit | CPSN
Archived News Hits
(Links will open in new window)
Week of March 25, 2012
Week of March 18, 2012
Week of March 11, 2012
Week of March 4, 2012
Week of March 25, 2012
- Unfortunately for Mitchell - and the rest of us - is that indept studies show it's Republicans who are the culprits. And it accelerated in 2011. Andrea Mitchell's Dishonest 'Lean Forward' Ad Blames Both Sides for Voter Disenfranchisement Uh-Oh!! -
Its Not George Zimmerman Screaming For Help on 911 Tape, Audio Experts Tell Orlando Sentinel
GE celebrates workers while moving their jobs to China This is a damn shame; majority having to "negoiate" to do the right thing -
Obama’s Recess Appointments Shift The Balance Of Power In Senate Back To The Majority Wait just one minute! A
Republican that thinks health insurance companies can't be trusted?!? Louisiana's AG Says He Opposes ACA Because It Isn't Single Payer
Now corporate America wants taxpayers to pay for their product - improvements, which we'll pay for again at the retail counter Dow Chemical Sues IRS, Demands Tax Credit Expansion
Republicans Forget When George Loved Vladimir
PAY CLOSE ATTENTION SENIORS AND SOON-TO-BE SENIORS - - Five Pictures of the Future in a Paul Ryan/Mitt Romney America By 2022 their plan would cut Federal Medicaid funding by roughly one-third. The Urban Institute has estimated that states would drop between 14 million and 27 million people from Medicaid by 2021. Provider reimbursements would drop by roughly one-third.
Former George Zimmerman Co-Worker Describes Him As ‘Jekyll And Hyde’: ‘When The Dude Snapped, He Snapped’
Fukushima No. 2 Reactor Has '10 Times The Fatal Dose' of Radiation. Meanwhile, Original Contamination Data Was Deleted
- So, a family of 4 who Michele Bachmann Thinks [40 million] People ‘Choose’ To Not Have Health Insurance, Not Because They Can’t Afford It earns $30,000 per year "chooses" not to buy $24,000 worth of health care insurance per year?!? Sure, sure --- YOU IDIOT!!!!! And Fox isn't a GOP front station, huh?
Fox's Doocy: "If You Want A Party That's Making Some Hard Choices" Like The Ryan Budget Plan, "Vote Republican"
EC=BC: Emergency Contraception Is Birth Control, Not Abortion
House Republicans vote to end Medicare as we know it, again
No, the affordable housing push didn’t cause the subprime crisis
Can you find the hypocrisy in this statement??? - - As leader in wanting to pass a law to 'own' a woman's uterus, he's got the balls to say this about Obamacare?????? Rep. Steve King: 'Keep your law off my BODY!!'
Republican Study Committee’s Medicaid Cuts Even Bigger Than Ryan Plan’s
- A Message From A Republican Meteorologist On Climate Change Acknowledging Climate Change Doesn’t Make You A Liberal
- Of course! This is the GOP strategy: Steal one cookie and if they get away with it, steal another - and another, another, another, etc. If Health Care Reform Falls, Watch Fox For Clues On Whether Social Security Will Be The Next Target
- Naturally! Since the GOP Paul Ryan Thinks US Military is Lying to Congress never lies, anyone who doesn't agree with them is always lying. And Scalia claims he's no activist -
Scalia Echoes GOP Buzzwords Against ‘Obamacare’
It's Not Your Imagination: Republicans Really Don't Like Science
- ...technocratic policy-making is just a myth. We have come full circle, and the Who Captured the Fed? Wall Street banks are calling the shots again.
- ...a new study shows that despite the fact that the preponderance of gunk feeding into the Everglades comes from agriculture, it is the taxpayers, not the industry, who fork over for clean up. In the Everglades, Taxpayers Foot the Bill for Industry's Mess
Ryan budget would 'cut top rate to lowest level since Hoover Administration' Who could've seen this coming??? -
Bank Of America CEO Gets $7.5 Million Pay Package After The Bank Lost More Than Half Its Stock Value This is how
our wars begin - all McCain, Graham, Lieberman Unveil Resolution Calling For U.S. Help In Arming Syria Rebels Duh!!! -
Scalia Says Court Can’t Be Bothered To Read Obamacare: ‘You Really Want Us To Go Through These 2,700 Pages?’
Ryan Plan Unlikely to Balance the Budget for Decades
John McCain's Mexican arsonists turned out to be not-so-Mexican
Fed Study Debunks Conservative Myth That Affordable Housing Policies Caused Subprime Crisis
- You damn right it is, but there's plenty people looking!!! Is Dodd-Frank being rolled back while no one is looking?
- lost his job last week after airing excerpts from an interview with Carolyn Jones, who was “forced to undergo several medically unnecessary transvaginal sonograms to obtain an abortion” due to Texas’ new sonogram law. Texas Radio Station Fires Reporter After He Reported On State’s Extreme Ultrasound Law
Former NRA President: We Helped Draft Florida's "Stand Your Ground" Law
Sen. Rand Paul: When Big Oil Screws Americans At The Gas Pump, ‘You Should Want To Encourage Them’ WOW!! Can you believe this hypocrisy?!? -
Conservatives Ban Guns At Their Own Conferences To ‘Keep It Safe’
- The new Republican budget reflects current electoral reality: billionaires and corporations now finance candidates, and we get government of, by and for billionaires and corporations. This budget starts with $10 trillion in tax cuts -- Republican Budget For Billionaires mostly for the rich. First, states confiscated settlement funds to pay off state debt. Now,
South Carolina Republicans Propose Using Foreclosure Fraud Settlement Funds For Corporate Tax Breaks
- News Corp had used a special unit, Operational Security, set up in the mid-1990s, to TV Piracy Claims Heap More Pressure on Murdoch Empire sabotage its competitors
Tea Party Nation To Uninsured Americans: ‘Pay For It Yourself’
Big financial interests chip away at Dodd Frank regulations
Mitt Romney could tell you his plan to cut spending, but first he'd have to kill you
PAY CLOSE ATTENTION to this one - - This is what corporate America does after blackmailing taxpayers to give them ZERO tax burden. T-Mobile To Lay Off Thousands Of Workers After Taking Millions In Taxpayer Subsidies For Job Creation Remember the claim of a "35% tax rate"?!? -
- And what are they doing .......? Exxon Mobil’s Tax Rate Drops To 13 Percent, After Making 35 Percent More Profits On Rising Gas Prices In 2011
......Oil industry launches full-court press against Senate bill repealing tax breaks
- But you can bet your arse it won't be oil company loop holes. Ryan Promises To Close Tax Loopholes, But Won’t Say Which
GOP NLRB Member Passed Sensitive Information to Romney Campaign
Texas Had ‘Fewer Than Five’ Voter Impersonation Cases Over Three Years
Ryan’s Spending Cuts Leave His Hometown Wondering ‘If He Remembers Where He Came From’
Ryancare and Obamacare Both Require Individual Mandate
California Muslim Mother Beaten To Death, Left With Note Saying ‘Go Back To Your Country, You Terrorist’
Week of March 18, 2012
Exactly what one would expect from top-ranking racist -
Gingrich: Obama's comments on Trayvon Martin killing 'disgraceful'
Wells Fargo Has Been Ignoring SEC Subpoenas Since September. Think You Could Get Away With It?
Assets of 10 Biggest Banks=Half of U.S. GDP
- Here we go again. Once again the 'bipartisan' consensus in Washington, fueled by an intoxicating brew of conventional wisdom laced with campaign cash, has repealed some of those 'cumbersome regulations' that do nothing of value - nothing, that is, except prevent catastrophes. There will be celebrating on both sides of the aisle when the President signs this bill. The Dumbest 'Bipartisan' Move Since Repealing Glass-Steagall
FOIA Request Shows Feds Were Gathering Intelligence On Occupy Wall Street Before The First Tent Went Up
- Simmons was fined in in 1988 and 1989 for surpassing federal contribution limits, but thanks to the Citizens United and SpeechNow rulings, he is free to give as much as he wishes to super PACs. Chemical And Metals Billionaire Harold Simmons To Spend $36 Million To Back Republicans
FLASHBACK: Two Years Ago, GOP Predicted ‘Armageddon’ If Health Reform Became Law
Rove-Linked Crossroads GPS Launches $650,000 False Ad Campaign On Gas Prices
Republican Governors Association ponying up big to protect Scott Walker Still, nobody goes to jail -
Federal regulators ‘could have prevented’ Upper Big Branch, W. Va. mine disaster, report concludes
This is the bill to stop insider trading by Congressional members - - The weaker House version of the bill was drawn up by House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-VA). Sen. Grassley Blasts Senate’s Watered Down STOCK Act: ‘Wall Street Traders Get Rich, But The American People Lose’
20 Experts Who Say Drilling Won’t Lower Gas Prices
Million Hoodie March For Trayvon Martin Turns On CBS Reporter After He ‘Lies’ About Numbers
Analysis: House GOP Budget Gives $187,000 Tax Cut To Every Millionaire
Forty-nine states are actively implementing ‘Obamacare’
How The GOP Budget Pulverizes Most Government Services (CHART)
Gangster Banks Keep Winning Public Business. Why?
- Marine ‘Completely Shocked’ He Could Be Dismissed For Anti-Obama Facebook Page When rank & file soldiers are allowed to decide when and when not to follow orders from the Commander in Chief, our military will be useless.
Opponents Of Florida’s 2005 ‘Stand Your Ground’ Law Predicted ‘Racially Motivated Killings’
- “Some members are angry,” said the House Republican, who asked to remain anonymous in order to speak candidly. “If leaders get involved ... I think they risk a revolt.” Outrage among House GOP after Manzullo ousted in primary battle
- In case you don't know what this means, it means that gasoline prices would go down to a 'supply & demand' level very quickly. However, ... Progressive Senators Introduce Bill That Would Force Regulator To Start Limiting Oil Speculation Within Two Weeks
...House Republicans Demand Higher Profits For Big Oil
The Massive Hidden Safety-Net Cuts in Chairman Ryan’s Budget
The Budget For All vs. Paul Ryan's Budget For The 1 Percent
Can We Please Stop Making Excuses for Paul Ryan?
Alaska [Republican] Lawmaker: Women Should Obtain Permission From Men Before Undergoing An Abortion
- Two top executives at Susan G. Komen for the Cure have announced their resignation, amid reports that the breast cancer charity is struggling to raise money and repair its reputation after its decision to defund Planned Parenthood and subsequent reversal. A Komen insider told HuffPost that "employee morale is in the toilet". Nancy Brinker, founder, is "in complete meltdown". Komen in trouble, 'employee morale is in the toilet'
GOP Budget Calls For Fire Sale Of Public Lands While Preserving $40 Billion In Tax Breaks To Big Oil
What's New About GOP Budget Part II? No Attempt To Pretend It Creates Jobs.
Occupy Wall Street Protesters Aren’t The Violent Ones – The Police Are
The JOBS Act Is A Fraud-Enhancing Gift To Wall Street Criminals And you think Gingrich isn't a racist?!? -
Gingrich: 'The Country Is Ready' for a White First Lady
Should Bipartisan “JOBS Act” be Renamed “De-Regulate Big Business Bill”? This is the sort of irreversable damage that can be done when lies are used to advance ideology -
New Research Suggests William Rehnquist Lied About Explosive Memo Backing Racial Segregation Congress is never going to rein themselves in -
Insider-trading bill grinds to halt
Republicans Are Blocking the Violence Against Women Act
Jobseekers Get Asked for Facebook Passwords
Former Goldman Sachs Partner Decries Firm’s ‘Commerical Animals,’ Admits It Duped Customers
The Rich Evade Taxes and We End Up Paying Their Share
Rick Santorum: 'I don't care what the unemployment rate is going to be"
Another ex-Goldman employee decries the ‘commercial animals/jerks’ of Wall Street
Despite a 36-Year Ban On Political Contributions, Government Contractors Donate To Romney's Super PAC In spite of banks settling with states for committing mortgage foreclosure fraud,
Republican Darrell Issa blames homeowners for wrongful foreclosures So Fox Faux isn't a PR agencey for the GOP, huh?
Republican Fundraiser Auction includes a Tour at Fox News This is how millionaire Republican candidates think -
Santorum Doesn't Think The Economy Is An Issue
Health Insurers: We’ll Deny Coverage For Pre-Existing Conditions If Health Mandate Is Repealed
GOP Talking Points Don't Apply to Women's Health Isn't it the GOP who's always accusing Democrats for voter fraud?
Court Rules Republican National Committee Must Still be Monitored for Voter Fraud
Romney Admits GOP Education Policy is Intended to Kill Unions
Newspaper Giant Gives CEO $32 Million Severance Package After Laying Off 20,000 Workers In Six Years
Fox News Promoting ExxonMobil Lies About Paying More In Taxes Than They Make In Profits
Seller Of Racist Bumper Sticker Defends Use Of The N-Word To Describe President Obama
Another Hidden Bailout: Helping Wall Street Collect Your Rent
Watch: Police Get Violent As OWS Retakes Zuccotti Park
San Diego Tea Party Activist Charged In Brutal Sexual Assault
Week of March 11, 2012
Are you aware your tax dollars are being used by the Right to promote lies? - Rep. Vern Buchanan (R-FL) funding anti-gay lies with your tax dollars
A Republican wants - proof there is a "cost-benefit" in forcing Wall Street NOT to commit crimes! The argument that could upend Wall Street reform
Nine years after we were lied into war with Iraq, those who objected deserve some praise
Inhofe’s Stunning Admission To Maddow on Global Warming: ‘I Thought It Must Be True Until I Found Out What It Cost” Absolutely amazing considering they all think minimum wage is too high -
All 3 Missouri GOP Senate Candidates Stumped When Asked To Identify The Minimum Wage
The Crazy Things That One Whistleblower Says Are Happening At JP Morgan Will Blow Your Mind
Company fires truck driver for taking emergency bathroom break - while supporting a union
- "this was an intentional shot to the head" Scott Olsen Intentionally Shot By Beanbag
This has to be Romney's lowest blow - Romney’s Double Standard: Gives Limbaugh A Pass For Sexist Remarks, But ‘Outraged’ At Bill Maher The epitome of Gingrich's real problem -
Gingrich: Opponents Can't Comprehend My Big Ideas
If there are this many smart voters in this country, why are we in the mess we're in? - - 80 percent of independents, Americans Overwhelmingly Believe SCOTUS’ Health Care Decision Will Be Driven By Politics 74 percent of Republicans and 67 percent of Democrats believe that the Supreme Court will base its health care decision at least in part on politics, rather than solely considering the legal merits of the case.
Scott Brown Fundraiser Hosted By ‘Sugar Baron’ Accused Of ‘Modern Day Slavery’
The Cost of Obamacare Has Gone Down, Not Up This might sound good if it weren't coming from the Party that has been trying to take it completely away for 47 years. But Republicans can
NOT be trusted on this issue. Republican bill would enroll seniors in same health plans as lawmakers
Poisoned Weather: 1029 Records For High Temperatures, 675 Records For Rainfall In One Week
Scott Brown Weakened Restrictions On Goldman Sachs Abuses Aired By Whistleblower
Greg Smith Tells Goldman Sachs to Take Their Job and Shove It
- Remember folks, Gary Johnson along with Barack Obama said that “nobody committed any crimes.” This is what your Federal and State Governments sold you out over folks - it’s a litany of theft, fraud, deception and lies, and instead of prosecution and imprisonment what we have here is a tiny little fine that is just another cost of doing business that you, as the harmed (homeowners with mortgages) are forced customers of these enterprises, will simply wind up paying! State AGs: All The Banks Committed Major Crimes, But We’re Going To Settle Anyway
- We decided to look at just one aspect of their record: SEC charges levied against Goldman and its employees over the past decade. 13 Reasons Goldman’s Quitting Exec May Have a Point
Arizona out-crazies other contraception bills. Use birth control, get fired.
Wisconsin Assembly Bans Private Health Insurance Plans From Offering Abortion Coverage
- The bank has defrauded everyone from investors and insurers to homeowners and the unemployed. So why does the government keep bailing it out? Bank of America: Too Crooked to Fail
House Republican Leaders Plan To Renege On Debt Ceiling Deal
- The New England Complex Systems Institute released a study last week Study: Speculators To Blame For Skyrocketing Food Prices linking speculation in global commodity markets to rising food prices. The study indicates that spikes in food prices in 2008 and ’11 came largely as a result of investor speculation and increased ethanol conversion, in which corn is used for fuel rather than food.
- When [Linda Almonte] brought these concerns to her superiors, what do you think their response was? They told her and others to shut up and just sell the stuff anyway. ...when Linda refused to go along with the sale, she was fired. J.P. Morgan Chase's Ugly Family Secrets Revealed
- JPMorgan Chase & Co. took procedural shortcuts and used faulty account records in suing tens of thousands of delinquent credit card borrowers for at least two years... Former Employees Allege JP Morgan Chase Robo-Signed Credit Card Documents, Destroyed Borrower Records "We did not verify a single one".
Anti-Tax Crusader Grover Norquist Excuses Reagan’s 11 Tax Increases Because ‘He Hadn’t Signed The Pledge’
Catholic Church going after those meanie victims of rape and abuse
McConnell: I’m Filibustering Seventeen Judges Because Reid Made Republicans ‘Look Bad’
Former McCain Strategist Nicolle Wallace To Maddow: ‘Both Parties Will Forever Avoid A Palin Choice’
- 5 years ago the Old Man wrote "Truth is Turth and Lies are Lies; there is NO in-between" - ToL Lawrence O’Donnell Trashes Media For Fearing The Word ‘Lie’ To Describe False Talking Points
- Jeffrey Verschleiser, a former Bear Stearns executive ...was instrumental in helping blow up that venerable firm. Verschleiser among other things was reportedly involved with an elaborate Wall Street version of a merchandise return scam, only instead of taking the proceeds from returned TVs and stereos, his unit was pocketing the cash from crap mortgages sold back to banks on behalf of investors. So this guy, who made the news both for his professional unscrupulousness and for his personal assholedom, is the guy that Goldman picks to head its global mortgage operation. Guy Who Rented All 94 Rooms of Aspen Hotel for Party Scores Awesome New Goldman Job With nearly eight campaign months left,
Citizens United Has Already Doubled The Amount Of Outside Spending In Presidential Election Years
Former McCain Strategist Steve Schmidt On Game Change: Notion Of Palin Being President Frightens Me
Unsatisfied By Record Profits, Oil Giants Demand $2 Billion Tax Cut To Drill In Alaska
Murdoch’s Wall Street Journal and Koch-Fueled Cato Agree: “It’s Not Obama’s Fault That Crude Oil Prices Have Increased”
Billionaire Romney Donor: Super-Rich Have "Insufficient Influence" in Politics This is what a Republican-run state thinks about people who have been ripped off by banks -
Georgia May Stash More Than $100 Million Of Foreclosure Fraud Settlement Money In State’s Rainy Day Fund
- The biggest political event that happened yesterday wasn’t a primary, but a movie on HBO about the 2008 campaign and John McCain‘s decision to make Sarah Palin his running mate. Nicolle Wallace, one of the ’08 campaign’s top advisors, was on This Week today, and she admitted that the movie was accurate enough to make her feel uncomfortable watching it. McCain 2008 Advisor Nicolle Wallace Says Game Change Was ‘True Enough To Make Me Squirm’
Is this part of the plan to keep gas prices high under Obama? - Exxon Mobil CEO: Heated Rhetoric On Iran Is ‘Unknown’ Factor That Could Lead To $5 Gas
- A new report from the Government Accountability Office ...shows that 40 percent of the 341 institutions that have exited TARP’s biggest single initiative ...simply Banks are using government loans to repay TARP refinanced their loans through a separate, $30 billion government program known as the Small Business Loan Fund.
After Best Six Months For Job Growth Since 2006, Republicans Claim Economy Is ‘Clearly Not Improving’
Republican primary voters older, over 90% white
Week of March 4, 2012
Hate Groups Are On The Rise, Southern Poverty Law Center Finds
After Wisconsin Voters Revolt Against GOP Lawmakers, GOP Lawmakers Approve Amendment Preventing Recall Elections
Whistleblower Claims Bank Of America Intentionally Blocked Homeowners From Getting Federal Mortgage Help
Wall Street Blocking Limits on Speculators
Why Are The Republicans Planning To Give Hedge Funds A 20 Percent Tax Break?
Republican Lawmaker Now Supports Obama, Says GOP Presidential Candidates ‘Would Take Women Back Decades’
Is The Affordable Care Act Already Slowing Health Care Costs?
Former [Democratic] Congressman Denied Right To Vote In Tennesse
Big Oil Trade Group Flooding Airways With Pro-Industry Propaganda Ads
Fed economists: Yes, TARP may have increased moral hazard
Wall Street Whistleblowers Get the Silent Treatment From Washington
This Is NOT What Democracy Looks Like! Criminalizing First Amendment Rights
CEOs Of Tax Dodging Corporations Push Congress To Cut Corporate Tax Rates
House Republicans Again Vote Against Fully Funding Wall Street Watchdog, Giving The Money To Banks Instead
The Eight New Positions Romney Took To Win Over Republicans
Top U.S. Commander In Afghanistan Gen. John Allen: ‘Why Wouldn’t We’ Apologize For Quran Desecration?
Taxes Were Cut, So Where's The Growth?
Big 6 Oil Companies Complete a Trillion-Dollar Decade
Scott Brown Received More Than $900,000 From Financial Services Sector After Watering Down Wall Street Reform
70 Democrats Call For Government To Enforce Limits On Oil Speculation
- “Landlords can qualify for up to four federally-subsidized loan workouts starting around May, as long as they rent out each house or have plans to fill them. The program pays banks to reduce monthly payments by cutting interest rates, stretching terms, and forgiving principal.” A bailout for real estate speculators
- But back in the summer of 2008 [when Bush was President], when the average U.S. gasoline price hit a record high of $4.11, Fox said that "no President has the power to increase or to lower gas prices." FLASHBACK: Fox News On Gas Prices In 2008
- If government employment under Mr. Obama had grown at Reagan-era rates, 1.3 million more Americans would be working as schoolteachers, firefighters, police officers, etc., than are currently employed in such jobs. Without GOP Austerity, Economy Would Be Recovering At Pace Of ‘Reagan Recovery’
The Big Reagan Recovery Was Government Spending And Hiring
Minnesota State GOP Rep. Compares Food Stamp Program To Feeding ‘The Animals’
- The 2012 candidate once argued it was "wrong" for the federal government not to be "proactive" in shaping the health care market and boasted his voting record was "in the middle." Santorum in '93: More Government Needed in Health Care
Obama Oil Speculation Task Force Ignores Oil Speculation
The Richest 1 Percent Captured 93 Percent Of Income Gains In 2010
- ...it now takes an income of more than $150,000 to be able to afford the basics, some extras and to save too. Most Consumers Still Struggling to Afford Basics
Chris Wallace Reveals To Panel: Fox News Includes Contraception In Health Care Coverage
George Will Blasts GOP Candidates’ Meek Response To Rush: ‘They Want To Bomb Iran, But They’re Afraid Of Limbaugh’
Virginia Police Arrest 31 At Women’s Rights Demonstration
Common Peoples Source for News
Copyright © 2007 -
All Rights Reserved