October 2011 News Hits | CPS News
Archived News Hits
(Links will open in new window)
Week of October 23, 2011
Week of October 16, 2011
Week of October 9, 2011
Week of October 2, 2011
Week of October 23, 2011
- Jt's NOT Left vs Right, It's the State vs You! We Cannot Afford The Partisan Games Any Longer
- the inspiring photo of a man standing in front of a line of riot police, wearing a sailor's uniform, holding a Veterans For Peace flag and He was Standing Stone Still Amid Tear Gas in Oakland - Clutching a Copy of the U.S. Constitution clutching a copy of the U.S. Constitution. he was also standing stone still as tear gas canisters were exploding all around him
Iraq War Veteran Scott Olsen Has Skull Fractured By Police At Occupy Oakland PROTESTER WHO WAS BEAT BY POLICE -
Scott Olsen Is Awake And Waiting For Brain Surgery
NY City Police Official: We Will Sue Any Occupy Wall Street Protester Who Hurts An Officer Right in the face of #OccupyWallStreet, so it must be intended as an "in your face" -
Republican introduces legislation to reopen the bank casino
House GOP Wants To Repeal Requirement That Banks Hold A Portion Of Their Risky Loans
Plutocratic government tries to beat down #occupy
Oakland Police Violated 2004 Agreement Limiting Use of Militarized Weapons to Disperse Crowds
Fox News Fiasco: Pollsters Forget To Lie
Bloomberg To Host Sunday Dinner To Urge Super Committee To Cut $4 Trillion, Let The 99% Eat Cake
Paul Ryan lies about cost of regulations
Tea party wants to shed its Bachmann baggage
- So Obama has set the standard: Capitulate, cry "Uncle" and "screw the masses" before the battle even begins. Report: Democrats' Super Committee Proposal Is Far To The Right Of All Other 'Bipartisan' Compromises
Wanna See a Real Ass Kicking (Itself)? Read the Dems' Disastrous "Super Committee" Proposal
After Calling Energy Subsidies 'Wrong,' Boehner Wants $2 Billion Loan Guarantee For Ohio Nuclear Plant
ICE Officer In Immigration Raid When Asked For A Warrant: 'The Warrant Is Coming Out Of My Balls'
'StudentsFirst' Campaigns Against Bullying While Giving $70,000 To Anti-Gay MI GOP Legislator
REPORT: House GOP's 'Job Creating' Spending Cuts Destroyed 370,000 Jobs
Rove Memo: How To Derail Obama's Jobs Bill, Even When People Want It
License to Lie: The "Most Transparent Administration Ever" Seeks Law to Respond to Freedom of Information Requests with "Information Does Not Exist"
Karl Rove's American Crossroads takes aim at union workers to stop Obama jobs bill
Republicans Cry Uncle On Spending ... When Cuts Hit Home
Why the SEC Won't Hunt Big Dogs
- Tweet from the Center on Budget: "Virtually all of the decline in the bottom 80%'s share of the nation's income is reflected in an increase for the top 1% The Price of Plutocracy
Big Banks Don't Want Your Money, Unless You Pay Them to Keep It -- For Real Where have we heard this before!!! -
- Yep! Just like Bush II's trillion-dollar tax cuts paid for themselves! Now, about that beach front property I have in Nevada...... Rick Perry's campaign: tax cuts will pay for themselves This is what Perry's desired tax cuts is
really all about - Warren Buffett Would Pay As Little As 0.2 Percent Tax Rate Under Rick Perry's Tax Plan
CHART: Typical Hourly Wage Went Up Just $1.23 In The Last 36 Years
Google Search Traffic For Occupy Wall Street Is 66 Percent Higher Than Traffic For The Tea Party Ever Was
Under Gov. Walker's Proposal, Guns Will Be Allowed In The State Capitol But Cameras Are Forbidden
Infamous Pepper-Spray Cop Banished To Staten Island
VIDEO: NYPD Kicking And Punching Protesters In NYC-Oakland Solidarity March
Egyptian Blogger: Activists Will March To U.S. Embassy [Today] To Protest Oakland Crackdown THIS IS
WHY PEOPLE SPEAK OUT against any law that gives a policing agency unlimited powers - EXACTLY Key Patriot Act Provisions Used To Target Ordinary Crime, Not Terrorism
US cops tried to erase online evidence of brutality
Taibbi: Occupy Wall Street Aimed at WS Corruption NOT Money or Banking
- Why not!? It worked in 2000 and again in 2004! Man Who Helped Bush Steal 2000 Election and Wreck FEMA Now Advises Perry
When Business Owners Say "Lack of Demand," Republicans Hear "Too Many Regulations"
Eric Cantor Spokesman Brad Dayspring Defends Following 'Sexy Twitpics' Twitter Account
- Notice anything here? 28 years. That would be since 1982 - two years after Republican Ronald Reagan was elected President. Income for top one percent 'grew by 275 percent' in the past 28 years
Elizabeth Warren volunteer meeting: That is what democracy looks like Talk about being out of touch -
Bank of America CEO is 'incensed' that his customers are angry about being gouged
Oakland Police Toss Flash Grenade At Protesters Helping Injured Person
Occupy Oakland: Iraq war veteran in critical condition following confrontation with police
FLASHBACK: Oakland Paid $2 Million Settlement After Attacking Dozens Of Antiwar Protesters In 2003
House GOP Releases Plan To Cut Corporate Taxes, Make Offshoring Jobs Easier
Paul Ryan Is Wrong: Talking About Income Inequality Isn't Dividing America, Actual Income Inequality Is
- Naturally! He's out of Ohio now, away from the would-be mobs that would have booed him off the stage. After Refusing To Take A Position On Ohio's Anti-Labor Law, Romney Is Now '110 Percent' Behind It
Tennessee Agency Charges 86-Year Old Veteran An Unconstitutional Poll Tax To Obtain Voter ID
In Two Charts: Why Repealing Health Reform Increases Health Care Spending
Capitalism and the myth of job creators
Steve Jobs Biography Reveals He Told Rupert Murdoch He Was 'Blowing It With Fox News'
Republicans Say, Tax Poor, Not The 1 Percent
WHY, WHY, WHY? - - What have they got to hide? Wartime Contracting Panel Seals Records for Next 20 Years
OWS's Beef: Wall Street Isn't Winning - It's Cheating
TPMDC CHARTS OF THE DAY: Where'd All The Income Growth Go? To The 1 percent! Typical Obama policy -
White House Hands GOP Victory In Jobs Bill Shadow Boxing Match
Occupy Wall Street: Hundreds of police evict Occupy Oakland, arrest dozens
House Republicans playing politics with jobs bill, not actually creating jobs
Perry On Whether His Tax Plan Gives Millions In Tax Breaks To The Rich: 'I Don't Care About That'
Under New GOP Law, Florida Teacher Faces Huge Fines For The Crime Of Registering Students To Vote
Outraged By Big Bank Practices, Hundreds Of Coloradans Moved Their Money From Wells Fargo In Protest Today
Next Act In DC's Kabuki Theater: House GOP Lays Trap For Obama On Jobs Plan Now here's the pot calling the kettle black -
Pat Robertson: GOP Base Is Becoming Too Extreme
Florida Taxpayers Provide $1.7 Billion In Corporate Welfare, Get Few Jobs In Return
Gingrich Suggests Obama Is Ushering 'Defeat' In Iraq, Two Days After Saying He's 'Right' To Withdraw
- warrantless searches get the blessing of the very corrupt U.S. Supreme Court. Last May in an 8 to 1 ruling, the Supreme Court gave a green light for police to break into anyone's home Police State Fascism Is Now Rampant: Martial Law Is Next! should they "think" that the resident was hiding evidence.
- In just six weeks, nearly 200 companies and special interests have reported that they're lobbying the 12-member supercommittee. Lobbyists swarm supercommittee
- Nothing will make me happier than when the utterly delusional notion that the media in this country is liberal has been refuted, defeated, exterminated, and cremated. Liberal Media My Ass!
Michele Bachmann's Misstatements Finally Catching Up To Her?
- and Chemical Bomb Tossed Into Occupy Maine Protest Camp - Can you imagine what would have happened has this been a tea party gathering!!?? the media refuses to report on it Any doubt now who controls the news media!? -
CNBC Cancels Michael Moore Wall Street Appearance After Pressure From NYSE You know what scares the hell out of me? -
- That a few million people think this person should be President of the United States! Bachmann: Uninsured Americans Can Rely On 'Charitable Organizations' For Health Care
Study: Doctors Improve Care Quality When They Know Someone Is Watching Even Obama's former Chief of Staff is against #OccupyWallStreet -
- As does a so-called Democrat Nation's Largest Nurses Union Condemns Chicago Mayor Emmanuel For Arresting Nurses At Occupy Chicago who is now an executive at BofA. - Any questions now why #OWS say they don't want the Democrats to co-opt them!!??
Perry Adviser Steve Forbes Crafted Flat Tax Plan That Would Have Given Himself A $1.9 Billion Tax Cut
- McConnell: Not My Job To Prevent Firefighter, Police Layoffs Yeah, and it's not your job to make sure they get laid off either - you bastard!!!!!!!!
Week of October 16, 2011 A tea party freshman learns how to get re-elected -
- But will most likely loose favor with Party. It really doesn't matter; he'll change his position once re-elected. Republican Crowd Cheers As Tea Party Rep. Labrador Condemns Corporate Tax Dodgers
Clarence Thomas: 20 Years As The Supreme Court's Fifth Horseman
Chamber spends $4 million in three months to secure immunity [For Corporations]
Bill Maher On GOP: They Are All Like The Banks - They Won't Give A Black Man Credit
Climate Change Deniers Abandon 'Befuddled Warmist' Physicist Who Came Around On Global Warming
- But her New Hampshire Rep. Michele Bachmann Denies Reports Her Entire New Hampshire Staff Has Quit campaign director says otherwise.
- In the heights of the #OWS protest, they still allow BofA to shift $73 trillion to taxpayer coverage, and Obama is willing to junk big chunks of the Sarbanes-Oxley, which oversees financial reporting of Wall Street Occupy Wall Street: Washington Still Doesn't Get It
Memo to media: Republicans are blocking President Obama's jobs bill (and it's okay to say it)
- In response to some of the letters Obama receives from those who are in bad financial shape, Obama writes a personal check to them. Obama Feels Your Pain, Cuts A Check
Suppress The Vote: GOPer Sets Up Illegal 'Show ID To Vote' Sign At Massachusetts Polling Station
How much does the 47 percent pay in taxes? Plenty
Gov. Rick Scott Aide Admits That Scott's Corporate Tax Cut Won't Create Jobs
- Blames UPenn, saying they said it would be private but Cantor Cancels Income Inequality Speech After Learning It Will Be Open To The Public the university is denying that.
The Only Idea For Addressing Income Inequality In Cantor's Non-Speech: Don't Say Mean Things About Rich People
Constituent Asks Paul Ryan To Raise The Tax Cap On Social Security: Why Do I Pay As Much As Alex Rodriguez? THANK YOU, BP! -
Whale, Dolphin Deaths Twice Normal in Gulf
- There have been ongoing incidents of what appear to be provocations by the police or infiltrators to create an image of an unruly group of lawbreakers. Biggest Challenge for Occupy Wall Street Will Be to Prevent Police Infiltrators From Provoking Violence
Former Murdoch Lawyer Tells Parliament James Murdoch Lied About Hacking [VIDEO]
Paul Ryan Tells Student He Should Work Three Jobs To Pay For College, Not Use Pell Grants - VIDEO
Job's BLACKMAIL at its finest - - The only rationale Republicans could have for singling out the companies is that they were serving on the President's Jobs Council. GOP Takes Aim At Companies On Obama's Jobs Council
What do you call a jobs plan that wouldn't create jobs? The Republican plan!
Wealthy landlords want to shut down Occupy Wall Street permanently
The Chamber Spends More Than $4 Million In Just Three Months Lobbying For Corporate Immunity To The Law
#OWS Occupy Wall Street May Address Looting by Bank of America and Federal Reserve
Rick Santorum wants to take away your contraception to ensure sex for procreation only
The Federal Reserve and Bank of America Initiate a Coup to Dump Billions of Dollars of Losses on the American Taxpayer
Financial Services Sector Has Invested More Than $300 Million In Current Senators
- The standard of living for Americans has fallen longer and more steeply over the past three years than at any time since the US government began recording it five decades ago. A Long, Steep Drop for Americans' Standard of Living BULLSHIT!! -
Obama on OccupyWallStreet: 'I Understand The Frustrations'
- Chris Hedges is a writer and former war correspondent who has a vast amount of real-life experience covering social change and revolution in areas of strife and conflict around the world. Chris Hedges On Occupy Wall Street: 'This One Could Take Them All Down'
South Carolina GOP operative admits suppressing black vote is goal of voter ID law Yet no one is going to jail for theft - Again! -
Mega-Bank Citigroup Agrees To Pay $285 Million To Settle Charges That It [ Stole From] Misled Investors Bet you didn't even know this exist before -
Notorious Corporate Junkets Shop Finally Ends Junkets For Judges Program
GOP Rep. Asked Paper To Keep Town Hall Secret, Selected Residents Who Were Invited
Corporate Front Group ALEC Pushing For Repeal Of Paid Sick Day Laws Nationwide The GOP's first real attempt to control Internet discussions -
GOP Senator Pushes Radical Bill To Restrict Discussion Of Abortion Over The Internet
Report: 120,000 Active Duty Soldiers Never Received The Absentee Ballots They Requested For The 2010 Election
Billionaire Tycoon Claps For Herman Cain's Attacks On Occupy Wall Street Movement
- Bank of America is shifting derivatives in its Merrill investment banking unit to its depository arm, which HOLY BAILOUT - Federal Reserve Now Backstopping $75 Trillion Of Bank Of America's Derivatives Trades has access to the Fed discount window and is protected by the FDIC. And another report on the same issue - Bank of America: Holding Depositors Hostage
Republicans Getting a Pass on Their Jobs Plans
White House to Republicans: Don't like the president campaigning for his jobs bill? Well, too bad Just the kind of response one would expect from the tea party -
Tea Party Nation asks businesses to stop hiring as expression of tea party solidarity
US Government Supports Protesters Abroad and Jails Them at Home
Pollster Who Attacked Occupy Wall Street Touts Business Relationship With Citibank
- Yep! When the likes of Eric Cantor starts talking about inequality, #OWS must be getting their due attention. Occupy Wall Street Protests Are Focusing Attention On Inequality
Cain's 999 Tax Cut For The Richest 1 Percent: $210,000 Per Year
Jobs Vs Tea Party Based Republican Economics - A Must Read
GOP: 'Deregulate Wall Street!'
Herman Cain Served As A Director Of Corporations Raking In Millions Of Stimulus Dollars
Herman Cain: 'I'm Very Proud Of The Relationship That I Have With The Koch Brothers'
- Too much money flows from Wall Street to Washington. Never expect a clamp-down on the money supply. Senators Question Weak Oil Speculation Rule
- Walker forced workers to pay more for their pensions and health coverage. [Walker promised] he would immediately pay the full costs of his pension when he took office. But he refused to until he was forced to. Gov. Walker Broke Campaign Pledge To Pay For His Own Pension
- This man is clearly breaking the law. At the very least, he's violating his probation. So why isn't he in jail? James O'Keefe gets called out on attempt to target Economic Policy Institute Probably for the same reason the following man isn't in jail.
- Isn't it against the law to steal emails? But then again, IOKIYAR - It's OK If You're A Republican #OccupyWallStreet Hacked? Andrew Breitbart Publishes Stolen Emails
Cantor To Give Speech On Income Inequality And 'How We Make Sure The People At The Top Stay There'
Are the Federal Reserve and Its Primary Dealer Banks Manipulating the Stock Market?
Meet the first "Corporate" Super PAC
Is Anyone Dumb Enough to Believe that Obama Supports the 99%?
- You'd hardly know it from listening to the endless complaints about the lamestream media from movement conservatives, but guess which presidential candidate has gotten the worst press coverage over the past five months? Chart of the Day: The Press Hates Barack Obama
- Conservatives would love for you to believe the myth that the traditional media (which they pejoratively call the MSM) is in the tank for Obama, but you don't need to look far to find out that they are full of it. Pew study: 2012 Republican candidates getting more favorable coverage than Obama
- The onetime Arkansas governor suggested deflating tires and Huckabee to Anti-Union Crowd: Deflate Car Tires and Mislead Voters giving these voters the wrong election date. "That's up to you, how you creatively get the job done." And to think this man was my first choice in 2008 until he dropped out.
Marine Confronts NYPD At Occupy Wall Street: 'It Doesn't Make You Tough' To Hurt Unarmed People
Why Occupy Wall Street Is Bigger Than Left vs. Right
Top Republican Calls For Cutting Foreclosure Prevention, Repealing Wall Street Reform To Lower Deficit
Billionaire Investor Warren Buffett Would Pay No Income Tax Under Cain's 999 Plan
Wall Street Journal Blacks Out Occupy Wall Street
Judge Rejects Right-Wing Groups' Anti-Kagan Witchhunt
Over 1,000 Americans Have Been Arrested Protesting Wall Street, While Bankers Have Dodged Major Prosecutions
- Sen. McConnell's tirade about the Solyndra debacle would've had a lot more moral punch if it were not for Zap Motors The GOP Loves the Federal Spending it Hates
- A 3,000 to 1 shot, Wall St. took it, collected billions in bonuses, blew it and you paid for it. Wall Street's 3,000 to 1 Shot
- House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Dave Camp (R-Mich.) has raked in hundreds of thousands of dollars in contributions since his appointment to the deficit-reduction supercommittee in August. Camp rakes in big bucks after appointment to supercommittee
VIDEO: Citibank Customer Arrested In New York For Trying To Close Her Bank Account
VIDEO: Republicans Change Their Tune On The 99 Percent Movement
Week of October 9, 2011
Occupy Wall Street: Arrests in New York, Denver, San Diego
Independent economist: Republican jobs plan won't create jobs ... but it might destroy them Ia there anyone out there who actually believes this!? -
Treasury Secretary Timothy Geither: 'Dramatic enforcement' actions against Wall Street coming
Corporations That Received Money From Perry's Jobs Fund Gave Him $7 Million In Donations
Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper Evicts Occupy Denver With Heavy-Handed Riot Police Raid
'Guns & Patriots' Editor Creates Fake Solar Scandal About SunPower, Murdoch's Fox News Misinformers Run With It
Breaking His Promise To Create 700K Jobs, Gov. Rick Scott Now Says 'I Don't Have To Create Any Jobs'
Top 10 Giveaways To Big Oil In Rick Perry's 'Jobs' Plans
Activist Who Reagan Called 'One Of The World's Greatest Labor Leaders' Coming To Support Occupy Wall Street
The Cost Of Bush Tax Cuts For The Richest 5 Percent: $11.6 Million Per Hour
Oct. 15 Global Protests Now Planned In 951 Cities And 82 Countries
Moody's Economist Says GOP Jobs Bill Would 'Likely Push The Economy Back Into Recession'
Occupy Boston: After Demonstrators' Property Is Destroyed By Police, Commissioner Calls It 'Trash'
Romney's 'Middle Class Tax Cut' Would Provide No Benefits To Most Of The Middle Class
EVIDENCE CLEAR: Republican politicians would rather see the President fail than put Americans back to work
#OWS Now Twice as Popular as the Tea Party
Private Wall Street Companies Caused The Financial Crisis - Not Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Or The Community Reinvestment Act
Occupy Wall Street Flush With Cash, But Not From Soros
Senate Republicans unveil 'new jobs plan' identical to all previous GOP 'jobs plans'
Hatch Backs Off Drug Rebate Proposal After PhRMA Pressure
Report: 25 Percent Of Millionaires Pay Lower Taxes Than 10.4 Million Middle-Class Americans Mission accomplished!! -
Test Of Wisconsin Voter ID Law Led To Lines So Long People Left Instead Of Voting
All States Now Receive More In Highway Funding Than They Pay In Federal Gasoline Taxes
Financial Giants Put New York City Cops On Their Payroll
Rep Loretta Sanchez Republican Colleagues Friends Admit To Holding Economy Hostage To Defeat Obama
Republicans Block Senate From Even Talking About Jobs
Police In Riot Gear Attack OccupyBoston, US Vets Arrested While Chanting: "We Are Veterans of the United States of America"
Wisconsin GOP's (Koch-Led?) Plan to Hijack the Presidential Election
Wall Street Journal Executive Resigns Over Yet Another News Corp. Scandal
Tax Repatriation: Help for Investors, Not For Job-Seekers
Michael Bloomberg Doesn't Appreciate Occupy Wall Street's Bashing Of Hardworking People
Flood-Gate: Perry Officials Try to Hide Sea Level Rise from Texans with "Clear-Cut Unadulterated Censorship"
- [The ad] cut the woman's statement up, and added voiceover directly implying that she was supporting Issue 2. Dozens of television stations pull deceptive ad supporting Ohio's Issue 2
Conservative Fundraiser Wants To 'Clear K Street Of Protesters' By Hitting 'A Few With A Car'
GOP Candidates Blame 30 Years Of Rising Income Inequality On Barack Obama And Single Moms
The 53% Myth: Working Poor Pay More Of Their Income In State And Local Taxes Than The Rich In 49 States
Reid Goes There: "Republicans Think That If The Economy Improves, It Might Help President Obama"
House GOP Proposes So-Called 'Let Women Die' Bill That Lets Hospitals Deny Life-Saving Care
The Other Occupation: How Wall Street Occupies Washington
Health Insurers Fight To Hide Rate Increases From The Public
CHART: Wall Street Salaries Rise 11 Percent Annually, While Other Workers' Increase By Just 1.8 Percent
Fox News Poll Backfires: 70 Percent Support Occupy Wall Street
Blue Dogs Throw Support To Giant Corporate Tax Giveaway, Claiming It Will Reduce The Deficit
- From the President who claims he wants more jobs for Americans. BS! Even The CEOs On Obama's Job Creation Panel Are Shipping Jobs Out Of The United States
How Far Right Has Republicans Gone? Reagan Is Now A Liberal
Will Wall St. Occupation End Obama's Wall St. Preoccupation?
- "....We offered votes on four amendments, and they wanted five. We offered five votes, and they wanted six. Finally, we offered votes on seven amendments, including a vote on an outdated version of President Obama's American Jobs Act, with which Republicans were seeking to score political points. Still, Republicans refused. They came back with a demand for nine votes." Harry Reid Explains the Modern Republican Party Typical - keep moving the goal post.
- It's awesome that Herman Cain survived cancer. It helped that he could pay for the treatment. Herman Cain: Alive Because He's Rich
Arrests and Pepper Spray at Occupy Des Moines; Governor Faults Protesters
Bachmann Tells Man With 'No Teeth' to Rely on Charity
- This $300 million(aire) A week after calling it dangerous, Romney panders to Occupy Wall Street . "understands how they feel"
Boston Police Throw American Flag To Ground, Arrest Veterans, Trash Property To Protect 'Green Space' From 99%
Bank of America Execs Get $11 Million for Being Fired
This Is What Fascism Looks Like: Financial Giants Put New York City Cops On Their Payroll
- Let's see now: Shipped more jobs overseas and pays almost no taxes. Yep! We should be "rooting" for him --- to go to hell --- and take his current boss, Obama, with him! Plus...... GE CEO: Protesters Should 'Root for Me'
- Is this out-of-touch arrogance, or not? No --- just arrogance! Plus...... GE CEO Immelt Admits Corporate Tax Holidays Don't Create Jobs, But Says We Should Have One Anyway
- When thinks tanks from the left and the right agree on something, Congress should pay attention. Job Destroyers Don't Deserve a Tax Holiday
Rep. Darrell Issa caught with pants down yet again on Solyndra scandalmongering
Super Congress eyes more cost-shifting to Medicare recipients with Medigap plans
- Of course the Republicans passing these laws never acknowledge their real purpose, which is to turn away from the polls people who are more likely to vote Democratic, particularly the young, the poor, the elderly and minorities. The only reason Republicans are passing these laws is to give themselves a political edge by suppressing Democratic votes. NYT: GOP 'twisting democracy's machinery to partisan ends'
Journalists Funded By 'Vulture Capitalist' Paul Singer Campaign To Smear Wall Street Protests
Tea Party Activist Ran Sham Candidate Against Architect Of Arizona’s Anti-Immigrant Law To Split Hispanic Vote
VIDEO: Conservative Pundits' Double Standard On Occupy Wall Street And The Tea Party
How Investment Banks Turned Housing & Student Loans Into A Toxic & Financial Disaster
- Led by Valero Energy Corp., at least 16 huge refiners are trying to poke a lucrative loophole into Texas tax laws. Big Oil: $135 Million -- School Children: 0
- The presidential hopeful ripped companies doing business with Iran. But he took major campaign cash from one such corporation: Koch Industries. Will Perry Return Koch Campaign Cash?
- Yep! He's right - if you believe tax cuts create jobs, because that's Paul Ryan Claims House Republicans Have Passed Over a Dozen Pieces of 'Jobs Legislation' all those "jobs" bills contained. Say What!? -
- Isn't It the Republicans Who Are Always Insisting That Government Get Out of Our Lives? Republican political leaders want to prevent you from using birth control
- Yeah, we can't allow "the people" to gain any power. That would upset Rep. Peter King: 'We Have To Be Careful Not To Allow [Occupy Wall Street] To Get Any Legitimacy' 'un-balance' of power.
Herman Cain: Tax Poor People's Food To Finance Massive Tax Break For The Rich
- Admits he was the cause of the pepper spraying incident at the Smithsonian Conservative Writer Admits 'Infiltrating' 99 Percent Movement To 'Mock And Undermine' It
Pelosi on This Week: I Didn't Hear Cantor Say Anything When Tea Party Was Spitting On Congress Members
- If #OWS acomplishes nothing else, maybe it will force the news media to start listening to the working class - after ignoring us for the past 30 years. Jesse LaGreca Calls Out the Corporate Media for Ignoring the Working Class on This Week
The Supreme Court: A history of political action
- One thing Ryan could claim that no one could challange: 'I've got the biggest balls of anyone ever and I'm the king of BS'. Rep. Paul Ryan: President Obama Has "Broken His Promise As A Uniter And Now He's Dividing People"
Huh! Imagine That: The Federal Reserve is PRIVATELY Owned! (Spread the Word!)
Obama's Food Safety Law That Republicans Fought Could Have Prevented Tainted Melon Outbreak
11 Facts You Need To Know About The Nation's Biggest Banks
Lobbyists in on 'super' secrets
Key GOP Budget Cutter Exempts District From Belt-Tightening
Week of October 2, 2011
- An eye-witness account of what actually happened to protesters vs. what the police say. What they say vs. what I saw
Romney vows to reverse Obama's 'massive defense cuts' ... that never happened
Saudi Attempt to Enter Cockpit is Ok; Everyone Else Gets Patdowns
#OccupyStLouis: Bank of America Won't Let Protesters Withdraw THEIR Money
Wall Street protests are a Main Street reaction to bank bailouts
Elizabeth Warren: "The People on Wall Street Broke This Country"
- Just what this country needs; a return to the 16th Century where people were burned at the stakes because they wouldn't accept the church's doctrine. Anti-Mormon Pastor Admits To CNN: Religion Should Trump Competence In Elections
State Department Admits Its 'Independent' Tar Sands Pipeline Review Was Paid For By TransCanada
The Top Five Reasons To Move Your Money From Bank Of America
Banks Used Taxpayer Money Intended for Small Business Loans to Pay Off Bailout Debts
Food Service Contractors Siphoning Cash from Kids and Soldiers
White House: Cantor's 'Mob' Criticism Of Occupy Wall Street Is 'Hypocrisy Unbound'
Instead of jobs bill, restricting abortion rises to top of House Republican agenda
High unemployment is on the Republicans' checklist for 2012
CBO: Senate version of American Jobs Act reduces deficit by $6 billion in next decade
96-Year-Old African-American Woman Denied Voter ID Says Her Experience Now Is Worse Than Jim Crow
Why 'Ryancare' Is Far More Hostile To States Rights Than 'Obamacare'
Report: 40 Percent Of Medicare Spending On Tests Is 'Medically Unnecessary'
Congressman From Koch Uninterested In Investigating Koch Industries' Business Deals With Iran
And you want to believe Fox Faux was "rioting" with the protesters? - Fox News Reporters Maced And Beaten While Covering #OccupyWallStreet
- Ok, Georgians! But this is what you voted for! Georgia Farmers Blame Immigration Law for Labor Shortages Costing State $390 Million
Poor New Yorkers Can't Afford Milk Anymore, But Mayor Bloomberg Says Priority is to "Help" the Banks
Big PACs contribute $83,000 to super committee members
Historians say today's rebukes of presidents have grown more extreme
Madoff Whistleblower: Banks Stealing From Pension Funds
IMF Advisor: In The Absence Of A Credible Plan We Will Have A Global Financial Meltdown In Two To Three Weeks The reason our current congressional members won't adopt the Buffett Rule -
Many members of Congress could pay more taxes if Buffett Rule is enacted
It's Final--No More Lobbyists on Federal Advisory Committees
Wall Street Occupiers Fight America's Democracy Deficit
Republicans Funded By Roofing Industry Oppose Roofing Regulations
No, the Tea Party Has Never Cared About Wall Street
The NYPD's Violent Crackdown on Occupy Wall Street Protesters
Meet The Child Workers Who Pick Your Food
Why Do Some Democratic Senators Want To Protect Tax Loophole For Hedge Fund Managers?
Ed Schultz On Occupy Wall Street: Unlike Tea Party, No Racist Signs Or Firearms
Occupy Wall Street keeps a wary distance from the Democratic Party
- Coming from Canter, this takes balls: "Believe it or not, some in this town have actually condoned the pitting of Americans against Americans." Eric Cantor: 'Increasingly Concerned' About Occupy Wall Street 'Mobs'
Tainted Canteloupes Cause Pregnant Woman To Miscarry As GOP Still Fights To Gut Food Safety Laws
Senate Dems Cave, Protect Big Oil Tax Breaks
[#OWS] Protests More Popular Than Congress And Tea Party
- Just two days ago we were Bank Lobbyist-Run Front Group 'FreedomWorks' Tries To Trick Protesters Into Only Protesting Federal Reserve warned about infiltration.
Follow The Money: 10 Republicans Opposing Consumer Protection Nominee Received $31 Million From Wall Street
Rep. Rehberg: Eliminating Access To Health Insurance Is 'Most Common Sense Path' To Reduce The Deficit
Sadistic NYPD Cop Relishes Idea Of Beating Protesters: 'My Little Nightstick Is Going To Get A Work Out Tonight'
Health Insurance & Drug Company Lobbyists Pledge $3 Million 'Grassroots' Health Reform Repeal Effort
Many Of Romney's Foreign Policy Advisers Helped Push The U.S. Into War With Iraq
Tea Party Senator Proposes Permanent Tax Giveaway To Multinational Corporations
Jon Stewart: How Are The Occupy Wall Street Protesters Not Like The Tea Party?
What is Obama's actual record on creating jobs?
- How about this, Dana! You, Wall Street and all multi-millionaires and billionaires should pay your fair share to support this country --- OR LEAVE IT! Dana Perino: 'Occupy Wall Street' Should Love Our Country's Economic System Or Leave It! Now we know OccupyWallStreet is getting attention -
Politicians start to take sides on Occupy Wall Street
Lawsuit Alleges Nation's Biggest Banks Defrauded Veterans
- Well, Trump - you're either lying out your arse or you truly are disconnected from the real America Trump On Occupy Wall Street Movement: 'Nobody Knows Why They're Protesting'
Chicago Traders Respond To Protesters With Signs Reading 'We Are The 1%'
96-Year-Old Tennessee Woman Denied Voter ID Because She Didn't Have Her Marriage License
Poor Maine Residents Resort To Bartering For Health Care With Yardwork, Housekeeping
Rick Scott Walks Back Promise To Create 700,000 Jobs: 'I Don't Know Who Said That'
- Applied for $50,000 loan and bank wanted his entire $850,000 business as collateral. Meet The 99 Percent: Banks Wanted Texas Protester's Entire Equity For Small Business Loan Collateral
Mika Brzezinski: 'I Think Retirement is Going to Become a Thing of the Past for a Lot of People'
Open Letter to Mayor Bloomberg: Your #OccupyWallStreet Propaganda Is Condescending and Weak, Let's Have a Public Debate at Liberty Park
House Republicans ignore jobs bill while tripling funding for defense of anti-gay legislation
SWAT Teams in St. Louis Protecting Bank of America; Refused Customer Withdrawals
Conservative Economist: 'Regulatory Uncertainty Is A Canard Invented By Republicans'
Secret Docs Show Foreclosure Watchdog Doesn't Bark or Bite
- ....These folks really, really feel persecuted and unappreciated. Our Persecuted CEOs
The NYPD and FBI Are Trying to Infiltrate Wall Street Protest to Discredit It: Of This You Can Be Sure
Warren Buffett Challenges Rupert Murdoch To Release His Tax Returns
- In terms of numbers, and WITHOUT corporate money, OccupyWallStreet is beginning to make the tea party look like amatures. Occupy Wall Street Protests Spread Across the US
- And you're doing a great job, General Electric CEO! Immelt: Our job is to make our ideas [Obama's] ideas'
Mitt Romney raised revenue by closing tax loopholes ... then he met Grover Norquist and flip-flopped
700,000-Member Strong Communications Workers Of America Announce Support For Occupy Wall Street
Ignoring The One-In-Four Residents Who Lack Health Insurance, Perry Claims Texas Has 'The Finest Health Care In America'
- Of course they do. How else would they justify stealing. 90 Percent Of Corporations Think Their Executives Deserve Above-Median Pay, Driving Income Inequality
CEO Pay: Still Skyrocketing, Still Undeserved
Memo To The Media: It's Not 'Anti-Capitalist' To Protest An Industry That Was Saved By Trillions Of Taxpayer Dollars
- That's only John Boehner's Anti-Gay Lawyer Gets A Million-Dollar Bump At Taxpayer Expense 3-times what you said it would cost.
Fox News Host Admits Network Is Trying To Build Public Enthusiasm For Health Care Repeal
Fox News And Wall Street Banks Hustle To Kill New Whistleblower Protections
German State Minister: We Can Decarbonize With Renewables Because "We Don't Have the ... Koch Brothers"
GOP Rep. Wolf Slams Grover Norquist For 'Paralyzing Congress' With No-Tax Pledge
Uncle Sam Should Support Built-to-Last Companies, Not Built-to-Loot Enterprises
- Not always true, but mostly true. For example, if there's a tea party protest involving 30 people, it dominates the media. But when tens of thousands protest corporate America, corporate TV avoids it. Media Happy to Show Protests But Not in Our Backyards
- At least we have to give him credit for finally acknowledging their one and only objective. Rep. Cantor On House GOP: "We Are In Essence A Blocking Minority"
- Soldiers tend to be from blue-collar working class families and vote Democrat. Colorado secretary of state bars overseas soldiers from voting
Five million could be disenfranchised under new voting laws
- They're not concerned with "leadership by example". Ohio Republicans pushing anti-worker bill are raking in state money
- "somehow, the Republicans have managed to convince 98 percent of the people that they are affected by how 2 percent of the population is taxed." Business Owners, Investors Say Tax Changes Make 'Zero Difference' In Hiring: 'I'm Not Sure What The Connection Is'
Wall Street Lobbyists Are Reportedly Targeting Elizabeth Warren's Run For Senate
Bachmann To Man Who Would Vote For Serial Killer Over Obama: 'Thank You For Saying That
Fox News Offers Wall Street Protester An Interview But Doesn't Air It After He Slams Fox
In Solidarity With Occupy Wall Street, Transport Union Refuses To Bus Protesters Arrested By New York Police
Rick Perry Gave Millions Of Taxpayer Dollars To Subprime Lenders
Clean Energy Cons: Dozens of Republicans Asked for Clean Energy Grants and Subsidized Loans Before Attacking Them
Mitt Romney's 'Buffett Rule' Problem: His Tax Rate Is 14 Percent
- You mean as opposed to the "other" votes on an Obama plan!!?? Majority Leader Cantor Says Obama Jobs Plan Won't Receive A Vote On The House Floor
VIDEO: Reagan Called For An End To 'Crazy' Tax Loopholes That Let Millionaires Pay Less Than Bus Drivers
Paranoid NRA Chief: Obama Leaving Gun Owners Alone Is 'Conspiracy' To Take Away Guns
GE's Bogus Reason for Ending Its Pension Plan
After loosing $40 billion in value, HP fires CEO and gives him nearly $25 million in bonus, stock and perks. The Empty Promise of 'Pay for Performance'
- While most of his caucus is generally content to loot the country on behalf of the oligarchs they serve, there's a hardcore contigent of true dystopians for whom mere pillage is not enough. ...the real problem children want to eliminate things even many Republicans like, and John Boehner isn't stupid enough to let them succeed. How the dystopians are ruining John Boehner's life
Goldman Sachs: Risks of a Recession are High and Rising
Playing the 'Can't They All Just Get Along Game' in the Wake of GOP Obstruction
Paul Ryan's second act
- the Elizabeth Warren's courage is contagious video clip of Warren's speech had garnered over 615,000 hits on YouTube and has inspired an image that has become at this early stage a symbol for everything Warren's campaign represents.
S.J. Res. 6: A Sneak Attack On Internet Freedom - Call Your Senators Now!
More than 700 Arrested in Wall Street Protest