September 2011 News Hits | CPS News
Archived News Hits
(Links will open in new window)
Week of September 25, 2011
Week of September 18, 2011
Week of September 11, 2011
Week of September 4, 2011
Week of September 25, 2011
- Is any one suprised. First it was Is Twitter blocking Occupy Wall Street from trending in the USA? Google who was censoring OWS, now it's Twitter. We must remember that they are part of corporate America who depends highly on Wall Street to make billions.
Twenty House Democrats call for investigation of Justice Thomas
"Rebellion Has Arrived In America"
Gee, Bloggers Have Been Right? (Book-Cooking by Banks)
At Countrywide, protecting mortgage fraud involved firing whistleblowers
If Ford Factory Workers Gave Up Cost-of-Living Raises, Why Does CEO Get $26 Million?
- If they're slaming the first lady for shopping at target, they'd probably put out a contract on her if she was caught shopping at Sachs. Right-Wing Viciously Attacks FLOTUS for Shopping at 'Target'
Occupy Wall Street: Brooklyn Bridge occupied, mass arrests, solidarity events
Michele Bachmann blames Obama for Arab Spring. Yes, 'blames.'
- The New York Times reports that while there has been some meager progress towards reining in the ridiculous sums of money departing (failed) executives extract from their companies, for the most part the golden parachute remains quite alive and well The persistent golden parachute
- You Bet they have! And anyone else who makes it their lifes objective to stop their criminal activity - Just like Al Capone! Wall Street readies assault on Elizabeth Warren
Rick Santorum's Stump Speech Includes Nod To Fracking Company Directly Paying Him The Past Year
Boehner Pushes For Energy Department Loan For Home District Company Amidst Solyndra Scandal
Citing No Evidence, Perry Says Info On Awlaki Raid 'Probably' Came From Gitmo Say what! -
- Those poor millionaires and billionaires. When will we ever quite "punishing" them. Stashing Cash in Tax Havens Grows Harder for the Rich
Banks Successfully Lobbied For Weaker Bailout Repayment Rules So They Could Pay Bonuses
Mayor Bloomberg Claims 'Occupy Wall Street' Protesters Are Targeting Bankers Who 'Are Struggling To Make Ends Meet'
Outsize Severance Continues for Executives Despite Failed Tenures
In Response To A String Of Sexual Assaults, New York Police Tell Women To Cover Up Instead Of Catching The Attacker
- Demanded from Ford a full explanation why Ford quit running an ad on other car makers receiving bailout money but not Ford. Rep. Darrell Issa issues government demand for anti-government ads
Charles Koch: Social Security for me, but not for thee
GOP's Latest Funding Cuts Package Riddled With Same Old Ideological Riders
- But they've "mysteriously" re-instated it. Google Censors Our #OccupyWallStreet Report
Bailed-Out, Not Lending, Not Paying Taxes, Rolling in Profits, US Parasitic BofA's New $5 Fee
Regulations aren't to blame for the 'uncovery'
Romney defends flip-flopping, says it's a habit he formed 'in the private sector'
GOP's Draft Budget Empowers Insurers To Flaunt Consumer Protections, Increases Health Costs
Breaking Their Promise To Focus On Job Creation, House GOP Proposes Slashing Job Training Programs
Blame Greed, Not Obama For Rise In Health Insurance Premiums
Newt Gingrich's Tax Policy: Cut Newt Gingrich's Taxes
Tea Party - Clear And Present Danger To America
Occupy Wall Street growing rapidly
Maine Elections Chief Uses GOP List To Intimidate Student Voters And Encourage Them To Re-Register In Another State
NASA's Hansen: "If We Stay on With Business as Usual, the Southern U.S. Will Become Almost Uninhabitable."
Boehner's District Suffers From E. Coli Outbreak As House Republicans Try To Gut Food Safety
Schools Say No To Tea Party's Constitution Lessons
The Wisconsin GOP's Clever Plan to Block Scott Walker's Recall Well, it damn sure took them (Americans) long enough! -
Americans see Republicans as favoring 'haves' over 'have-nots'
Sponsor Of North Carolina'ois Anti-Gay Marriage Ban Falsified Medical Credentials
Study: Majority Of Young Evangelicals Have Pre-Marital Sex, Exposing Flaws With Right-Wing Attacks On Sex Ed
Is the United States a Police State?
Health Insurance Costs Rising Much Faster than Wages
Landrieu opposes Obama jobs plan over ending oil-industry tax breaks
When Democrats Prey on Workers, But Protect the Wealthy
While Holding Disaster Aid Hostage, Cantor Lobbied FEMA To Quickly Help His District
Judge Receives Over 17 Year Sentence For Role In 'Cash For Kids' Private Prisons Scandal
Study: Pre-Retirees Don't Appreciate Medicare Until They Have It
REPORT: Big Oil Clings To Tax Breaks While Hoarding Cash
Romney's Plan To Get Businesses More Customers: Corporate Tax Cuts And Deregulation
Tainted Cantaloupes Cause Deadliest Food Outbreak In A Decade As GOP Continues Fight To Gut Food Safety Laws Read this one carefully -
College Republicans Disappointed More Young People Are Insured Under Health Care Reform Law
A Corporate Tax Rule that Cost U.S. $10 Billion and Helped Double Revenues... Overseas
Sharp Rise In Premiums Exposes Health Insurers' Greed
Americans Dislike the Tea Party More Than Ever Before Does Cantor do this just for comedy? -
- He claim's Obama is an "all or nothing" politician. Rep. Cantor's Convenient Interest In "Commonality" With Obama
- Lools like this cop just hates Democrats. Pepper-Spraying Cop Accused of Abusing Bush Protesters in 2004
Study: China Trade Did More Damage To US Economy Than Anyone Knew
REPORT: Big Oil Clings To Tax Breaks While Hoarding Cash
21 States Suing Over Health Reform Accept Its Funding, Including Perry's Texas
- He's not sorry he said it; only sorry it came out in public. Top Alabama Lawmaker Apologizes For Calling Blacks 'Aborigines' Now does this take balls or what!? -
Cantor wants his district's disaster aid from FEMA. Now.
Solyndra 'Scandal' About Big Oil, King Coal Power And Intimidation
Ryan: Republicans Should Double Down On My Budget This has to be poetic justice -
Maine legislators, governor registered to vote using law they killed
Boehner's own 'fiscal experts' agree that the Republican position on taxes is unworkable
Asked If He's Racist, Sheriff Joe Says, 'I'm Not Going To Talk About My Personal Life'
- I suppose he's conveniently forgot about the killing of the Glass-Steagall Act Santorum's Explanation For The Financial Crisis: 'It Wasn't Deregulation...It Was Government Regulation'
Big Bank Cuts Costs Via Layoffs And Smaller Cups, While Increasing Bonus Pool
OK, Sen. Shelby: Let's Tell the Truth About Jobs and Regulations
Jon Stewart Talks Tough To GOP Base: 'Your Candidates Aren't The Problem - It's You'
REPORT: How The Right-Wing Uses Misleading Numbers To Claim The Rich Are Unfairly Taxed
- Blue-collar policemen say white-collar officers used aggressive tactics. Internal NYPD Rift Over Aggressive Tactics Used Against Peaceful #OccupyWallStreet Protesters?
- Yeah, sure! Any old excuse will do when it comes to protecting the bankers. Bloomberg Blames Lack of Confidence on the Threat of Bankers Going to Prison
Mainstream Ignores Occupy Wall Street
Five of Boehner's Six "Fiscal Experts" Agree: Deficit Reduction Requires Revenue Increases
No Confidence Men: 62 Percent Have Little Or No Confidence In GOP Leaders On Debt
What Free Market? Subsidies Have Always Been a Big Part of Energy Industry, New Report Shows
- Considering how popular his budget was, I can't wait to see his budgeting process plan. Ryan to unveil budget reforms
Wall Street paid millions to deficit hawks who don't want to tax Wall Street
Economic Collapse, Financial Manipulation and the Dollar Crisis
The Money Masters: Behind the Global Debt Crisis
BBC Speechless As Trader Tells Truth: "The Collapse Is Coming... And Goldman Rules The World"
Shutdown and Hostage-Taking -- It Is NOT Both Sides Doing It
Converting Medicare to Premium Support Would Likely Lead to Two-Tier Health Care System
Pentagon talks layoffs, while private defense executives rake in millions
CNN hackery: Paul Ryan's lack of popularity means he's popular
Disaster victims angry over latest Republican hostage-taking of FEMA
The Top Ten Lethal Legislators and the Dirty Secrets Behind Their Clean Air Attacks
Perry Appointees May Raid Public School Funds To Give Oil Refineries $135 Million Tax Break
Rick Scott Makes Fun Of Obama For Using A Teleprompter While Reading From A Teleprompter
- Any expert worth his salt knows that nothing has been fixed in the financial system. The problems were papered over with fiat currency and the proverbial can kicked down the road - ting ting ting. You will know things are truly getting better when the banks start valuing the assets on their books at what they can be sold for today, not for what they hope to get for them a couple of decades in the future. It's Much Worse than 2008
KWN Special - James Turk: "We are Looking at Another Lehman"
- Super PACs represent the Enronization of our democracy. The Corporate Takeover of the 2012 Presidential Election
Let's Look At Class Warfare and The 51% Who 'Don't Pay Any Taxes'
The Fact Checker Fails: Washington Post Okays McConnell's Lies, While Dissing Bill Clinton’s Truths
Michael Gerson Thinks Asking the Rich to Pay Their Fair Share in Taxes Isn't a Good Democratic Message
Wall Street Journal Readers Name US Chamber of Commerce in the "Top Corruption-Related Story of the Year"
George Will: The Republican Party Has Become Too Southern
Buffett has replaced Soros as Republicans' billionaire boogeyman
Government Claims AIG 'Gamed the Tax System'
During Court Hearing, Conservative Fifth Circuit Chief Judge Shouts Down Progressive Colleague, Telling Him To 'Shut Up'
Big Businesses, Not the Poor, are Federal Freeloaders
Michigan Republican took job-creation tax breaks, cut jobs
After Gutting Public School Budget, Ohio Republicans Try To Give Private Schools More Than $100 Million
Bottom 60% of Americans lost wealth between 1983 and 2009
Week of September 18, 2011
- "We will end the practice of packaging unpopular bills with "must-pass" legislation to circumvent the will of the American people. Instead, we will advance major legislation one issue at a time." GOP Celebrates Birthday Of "Pledge To America" By Breaking It YEP! THAT'S WHAT THEY'RE DOING, ALRIGHT!
DOJ: Perry's Texas redistricting plan intentionally discriminates
The Hidden Hands in Redistricting: Corporations and Other Powerful Interests
Cantor Claims Victims 'Need To Know' Disaster Relief Funds Are 'There For Them' After Repeatedly Holding Funds Hostage
Republicans Bash No Child Left Behind, Then Bash Obama For Trying To Unravel It
Boehner Pans Tea Party Congressmen Who Defied Him As 'Know It Alls'
Nervous Breakdown? 21 Signs That Something Big Is About To Happen In The Financial World
Big Business supporters in Congress keep whacking away at public safeguards
Regulators Weaken Dodd-Frank Draft Regs, Allow More Risk
Conservatives say it out loud: They really hate democracy
Troy Davis Executed, While CEO Responsible for Deaths of 29 Miners Sails Free
Fox in the School House: Rupert Murdoch Wants to Teach Your Kids! Things have got to be really bad for this to happen -
House Republicans Seek Budget Advice From Phil 'Mental Recession' Gramm
As GOP Cracks Down On Student Voters, Study Finds Zero Student Voter Fraud
Financial Reform Vindicated: Banks See Credit Scores Downgraded Due To Doubts They'll Be Bailed Out
BP back from political exile, giving big in 2012
U.S. Pays 62% of Afghanistan's Government Expenses
Donor to Lindsey Graham Indicted for Illegal Campaign Contributions, Fraud
GOP Leaders To Bernanke: Don't Try And Improve The Economy Again
- Yeah, sure! We're all worth $300 million, right? Mitt Romney says he's one of 'us' in the middle-class
- This is what Amazon Forced Employees To Work Brutal Hours In 100 Degree Warehouse Or Face Termination UNORGANIZED workers look like.
Rick Santorum Endorses Pennsylvania Election Scheme Because It Will Rig Presidential Election For Republicans
- And we wonder how they can afford to buy a government? Forbes: Koch Brothers Now Worth $50 Billion
After Calling Obama's Taxes On The Rich 'Class Warfare,' Romney Calls For Raising Taxes On The Poor
Due To Health Cuts, Miscarriage No Longer Considered An 'Emergency' For Medicaid Patients In Washington State
What The Neocons Don't Ask: How Much Will It Cost To Stay In Iraq?
House GOP Votes Down Resolution Containing Disaster Relief Funds It Promised Not To Hold Hostage
One In Four Millionaires Pays Lower Taxes Than The Median Middle-Class Household
- Obama's point isn't that millionaires pay lower tax rates than truck drivers. It's that some millionaires pay lower tax rates than truck drivers - and as a simple matter of fairness and equity they shouldn't. Lies, Damn Lies, and Average Tax Rates
Tax Dodging Corporations Form Coalition To Call For Lower Corporate Taxes
Obama's plan a massive tax cut
Congressional Millionaires To Weigh Obama's Proposed 'Buffett Rule'
It's Official: Obama Has Deported More Than A Million Unauthorized Immigrants
Hoyer: Republicans would see country 'fail' to defeat Obama's reelection bid
FLASHBACK: Speaker Gingrich Denounced "Class Warfare" While Cutting Medicare To Fund Tax Cuts For The Rich
Despite Record Number Of Millionaires, Daniels Claims 'There Are A Lot Fewer, Under Obama
Defending Decision Not To Investigate News Corp., Issa Contradicts Own Claim That He Knows Rupert Murdoch
Yahoo Appears To Be Censoring Email Messages About Wall Street Protests
More Zombie Lies: GOP Candidates Bring Back False Claim That Higher Tax Rates On The Rich Destroy Jobs
Rep. Fleming Calls On Poor People To Shoulder More Of The Tax Burden
Perry Used Taxpayer Money To Subsidize Family Vacations, Presidential Campaign Events
Rich People and Corporations: The GOP's Trillion-Dollar "Failed Stimulus"
The Federal Debt As Criminal Scam, The Federal Reserve As Criminal Syndicate
The US Treasury and Federal Reserve Are Running A Criminal Operation
Members of Congress Triple Their Private-Sector Income
The Wealthy Have Waged Class Warfare on the Working Class for Decades
Sheriff Joe Arpaio announces 'posse' to investigate Obama's birth certificate yet again
Medicare Is Better At Controlling Costs Than Private Insurers
Three Years After The Financial Crash, GOP Candidates Revive Desire To Privatize Social Security
- [Supreme Court Justice William Rehnquist] set a standard for GOP dishonesty and obfuscation surrounding voting rights that continues to this day. Gitcher Voter Suppression History Right Here
The GOP's Favorite Lies About The Jobs Market
Google CEO Schmidt Admits It's DEMAND That Creates Jobs
Paul Ryan Supports Plan to Let Unemployed Work for Free
Ralph Nader Promises To Challenge President Obama In Primary
- Since the election, the Obama administration's working theory has been that the first-best outcome is striking a deal with Speaker John Boehner and, if that fails, the second-best outcome is showing that they genuinely, honestly wanted to strike a deal with Speaker John Boehner. Why the White House changed course
Tea Party Rep. Apparently Spends $200K To 'Feed His Family' (VIDEO)
Multi-Millionaire Rep. Says He Can't Afford A Tax Hike Because He Only Has $400K A Year After Feeding Family
David Vitter Denounces 'Crony Capitalism' While Begging For Subsidies For His Favorite Firms
- After three decades of policies... Well, just read it. Paul Ryan Insults Our Intelligence Yet Again
Why There Are Protests On Wall Street: Their Actions Impoverished More Than 60 Million People
Paul Ryan Calls For Increasing Taxes On Middle Class But Dismisses Millionaires Tax As 'Class Warfare'
Unelected, Unaccountable, Unrepentant: The Federal Reserve Is Using Your Money To Bail Out European Commercial Banks Once Again
Financial Terrorists Strike Again: Federal Reserve (US Taxpayers) Bail Out Big European Banks Yet Again
Geithner Gets Told To Blow It Out His Azz
America Is "A Two-Party Dictatorship Unless You're Worth Billions of Dollars"
Obama Sells Out American Workers, Pushes NAFTA-Style Trade Policy Despite 2008 Promise (Video)
Republicans Call for Gutting Social Security, Adding Trillions to Debt
- King claims the 80 million unemployed could get a job if they really wanted to, but fails to mention there's Steve King: Unemployment in America caused by 'a nation of slackers' only one job for every five looking.
House GOP Rejects Tax Cuts For Middle Class
Week of September 11, 2011
Scott Walker retains lawyers, stays silent in FBI corruption probe
FBI Raid Involving Walker Campaign Records May Foretell Bigger Threat
- Say what?? ERIC CANTOR is telling others to not cram something down people's throat?? Isn't this the backest of kettles calling the pot black?? Eric Cantor on jobs bill: Don't 'cram it down people's throats'
Auto industry loans worked, Cantor angry about that
Why the health industry wants to raise the Medicare eligibility age: P-R-O-F-I-T
Kansas And Oklahoma Want To Use ACA [Affordable Care Act] Funds To Pay Down Deficit
- If Citi goes belly up, Geithner should go to jail. If Citi doesn't pay back all they owe the taxpayers, Geithner should go to jail. Suskind book: Geithner ignored Obama directive on Citigroup
- HINT: Bush II grew government jobs while private sector shed jobs. The opposite has happened under Obama. John Boehner's tired old jobs rhetoric collides with reality
Republicans step up voter suppression efforts in run up to 2012
- It ain't pretty Report: What Happens If The Tea Party Wins
Perry Brags About Texas' Tax System That Charges The Poor Four Times As Much As The Rich
The Neocons Who Brought You Iraq Don't Want U.S. Troops To Leave
The $2 Billion UBS Incident: 'Rogue Trader' My Ass
Wake Up And Smell The Banking Fraud & Corruption
Boehner's Funding From Coal Up 2,400%
The Latest Republican Plan to Steal a Presidential Election May Just Work
Cantor Claims 'No One' Is Holding Disaster Relief Hostage After Senate GOP Blocks Disaster Relief
Republicans Push New $1 Trillion Tax Cut Windfall for the Wealthy
Obama bigger tax cutter than Bush
Three Years After Lehman Bros. Collapsed, Republicans Refuse To Implement Wall Street Reform
After Voting For Bank Bailouts And Against Wall Street Reform, Boehner Blasts 'Too Big To Fail' Banks
GOP Rep. Calls Labor Law The 'Economic Death Penalty' As House Votes To Protect Union-Busting
Defying GOP's Doomsday Predictions, Medicare Advantage Enrollment Increases, Premiums Fall
NE Republicans looking to move state to winner-take-all distribution of electoral votes
FBI raids home of former top aide to Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker
In Battle Over Job Creation Ideas, GOP Offers Deregulation Of Pythons
Someone Forgot To Tell Australia About Regulatory Uncertainty
Giant Sucking Sound Part 2? The NAFTA Of The Pacific Will Soon Allow Millions More American Jobs To Be Shipped Overseas
How About an Offset for War Funding?
GOP Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Corbett Proposes Rigging The Electoral College For Republicans
Issa: We Won't Investigate News Corp's Alleged Hacking Of 9/11 Victims Because We Don't Want To Pick On The Media
If You Want To Cut Health Care Costs, You Probably Shouldn't Adopt The Health Industry's Favorite Idea
Privatized Social Security System Cited By GOP Candidates Works For The Rich, But Is 'Very Bad' For Everyone Else
Even Cass Sunstein Says GOP's Proposed Regulatory Moratorium Would Be "Like a Nuclear Bomb"
Big Business Front Group Kills 26 Of 30 Bills It Targeted In California Legislature
With Record Number Of Americans Falling Into Poverty, Rand Paul Says The Poor Are Getting Rich
Study: Private Service Contracts Cost Government Almost Double Expense of In-House Staff Here goes that damn "Republican" President again!! - surrendering to the GOP before they even point their gun.
White House says Obama would sign pieces of jobs package
Perry Wants To Build Afghanistan's Infrastructure, Opposes Obama Plan To Build America's
GOP leadership puts protecting special tax breaks ahead of creating jobs
On Third Anniversary Of The 2008 Financial Crisis, GOP Candidates Pledge To 'Free Up' Wall Street
The Coal Industry Backs Boehner with $1.5 Million in Donations - "We Think He Is Good for Business"
Susan Hassol, Director of Climate Communication: The Science Has Never Been More Compelling, the Public Never So Misled
Record Number Of People In Poverty In 2010
Perry's 'Ponzi Scheme' Kept 14 Million Seniors Out Of Poverty Last Year
CBO Director: Affordable Care Act Is Slowing Medicare Spending
Advocacy Group Files Ethics Complaint Against Darrell Issa
GOP Lawmakers Used Taxpayer Money To Fund Leadership Training From Hate Group
After Helping Banks Water Down Dodd-Frank, Scott Brown Tries To Claim He's A Wall Street Reformer
- But he'll cave before anyone even ask him to. Obama Proposes Cutting Oil and Gas Subsidies $41 Billion to Help Fund Jobs Package
Rick Perry: Let's "Free Up" Wall Street - Because That Worked in 2008
Missing: Tons of US-Supplied Nuclear Weapons Material
The Most Anti-Environment Congress in History
Romney Promises to Outlaw Political Contributions from Union Dues
Cantor To Obama: Let's Nix More Than Half Your Jobs Bill
Cantor Admits Shutdown Fights Harm Economy
Republicans are so petty they want to cut bike safety
- Will Republicans follow suit? Why won't you answer that question? Kerry Cancels Fundraisers, Vows To Avoid Lobbyists While On Super Committee
We Don't Have Deficit Reduction Because Republicans Don't Want It
Cantor Voted For Billions To Rebuild Schools In Iraq, Now Opposes Funding School Construction In America
Texas Power Company Sues EPA To Cover For Bad Coal Plant Investment
Why Congress Won't Pass A Jobs Bill: 'Obama Is On The Ropes; Why Do We Appear Ready To Hand Him A Win?'
GOP Reveals Depth of Voter-Exclusion Plan
- "Behind the scenes, some Republicans are becoming worried about giving Obama any victories." - In that lies the core problem for our country: "Defeat Obama at any cost!" GOP grumbles about jobs plan
House GOP To Obama: Thanks For Ideas On Jobs, We'll Pick It Apart And Get Back To You
Fine Print in Health Care Law Allows Insurance Companies to Choose Who Examines Their Disputed Decisions
- Not all plutocrats scheme in the shadows like the rabidly right-wing Koch brothers. We need to learn how to recognize plutocracy's more subtle putches. The best primer? The battle over education's future. Plutocracy with a Philanthropic Face
Bernanke: I Should Be Removed As ChairSatan Today
JPMorgan Pays $88 Million in Fines for Trading with Enemies
- The Republicans and the right-wing media would have so demagogued the president (and as usual, the sheep of the mainstream media would have followed suit) that the narrative would have developed into more one of blame than of unity. If 9-11 Had Happened When a Democrat Was President, Would the Republicans Have Impeached Him or Her?
Terrorism Expert: Since 9/11, Only 33 Deaths From Muslim Terrorism Vs. 150,000 Deaths From Murders
Week of September 4, 2011
The New GOP: Anti-Kids, Anti-Jobs, Anti-Business ... and Anti-Republican
Mark Zandi: Obama plan would add 1.9 million jobs
- Three people who paid Ryan's ransom to attend his meeting were Paul Ryan Mocks Senior Citizen Handcuffed At His Town Hall: 'I Hope He's Taking His Blood Pressure Medication' arrested for the questions they asked Ryan.
Cantor to Obama: Please don't take it to the American people
GOP Reps. Dismiss Tax Cut For Working Americans In Favor Of Giveaways To Corporations
Obama Offers Up Medicare, Medicaid Cuts To Help Pay For $447 Billion Jobs Package
Big Oil Kills Jobs For Profits
- Typical GOP response - blame the opposition for what they themselves are doing. And millions of their blind followers, who would benefit from the Obama plan, will believe the Republicans and regurgitate the lie. GOP Policy Chairman Tom Price: Obama's Payroll Tax Cut For Working Families Is 'Class Warfare'
Wisconsin State Worker Fired After Telling Coworkers About Controversial Voter ID Policy
Banks Throw Tantrum Over Federal Lawsuit, Walk Out Of Foreclosure Fraud Settlement Talks
Wall Street Bankers Whine That They Shouldn't Have To Pay For Their Fraud
GOP Voted For $50 Billion To Rebuild Iraq Without Cuts, Now Insist On Cuts To Offset Funding To Rebuild America
- Bank of America repeatedly "robo-called" Crabtree during her husband's wake, sometimes with only 15 minutes between each call. Widow Alleges Bank Of America Called Her 48 Times A Day To Remind Her Of Dead Husband's Debt
How health costs wiped out a full decade of income increases
Dear Paul Ryan, I'd Like To Ask You A Question But I Don't Want To Be Arrested
The Richest 0.1% Have Launched A War On Us - It's Time To Fight Back And Hold These 400 Billionaires Personally Responsible For Our Economic Crisis
Historically High Oil Exports Helping Keep Gas Prices High
- This is what happens when organizations become excessively wealthy. U.S. Chamber Sets Up Fake Grassroots Group In Favor Of Keystone XL
- IOKIYAR - "It's OK If You're A Republican", which Jimmy Hoffa is not. Guess Who Called Opponents 'Extremist Group,' Urged Supporters To 'Take Them Out': Michele Bachmann
Major Banks Allegedly Engaged In $6 Billion Mortgage Insurance Kickback Scheme
- If oil speculators in Big Finance are making gas prices soar, shouldn't you know about it? $4 Gas: Brought to You by Wall Street
- His high-minded approach to jobs barely made it 24 hours before he gave it up. Mitch McConnell's pen hand apparently isn't talking to his mouth. Sen. McConnell Takes Just One Day To Violate His Own "No-Politics Zone" Around Jobs
Rep. Cantor Admits House Republicans Have Not Been Focused On Jobs
- Long ago it was established that Fox News is not a legitimate journalistic enterprise. It is the PR division of the Republican Party. The GOP Agenda Becomes Fox News Programming
- Historians agree the best Republican President was also the first: Abraham Lincoln. Who's second runner up? Which President has represented Republican values best? Easy. President Barack Obama. Obama is the Best Republican President Since Lincoln
- This current crew of Republicans shook canisters of kerosene over the entire American population and threatened to light a match if it didn't get what it wanted. There is no underlying patriotic instinct to find middle ground with the rest of us, because the party doesn't have a vision for society that includes anyone outside the tent. Apocalyptic GOP Is Dragging Us Into a Civil War
Paul Ryan faces protests at pay-to-view event
Romney's Economic Plan Includes $6.6 Trillion Tax Cut For The Rich And Corporations
Wisconsin Dept. Of Transportation Memo Tells Staff Not To Mention Free Voter ID Cards Unless People Ask For It
- Of course! It's the Dick Cheney Still Thinks Saddam Hussein Was Involved in 9/11 only defense he, Bush and the rest of the GOP have for attacking Iraq.
Texas Applies For Health Reform Waiver That Benefits Insurers
- As she should be! Republicans Nancy Pelosi blasts GOP silence never miss a chance to rebutt an Obama speech, so why are they avoiding this one? The answer is simple! Because their "fix" for a shortage of jobs is the same as their "fix" for every thing else: tax cuts! In other words, they don't have a jobs plan.
- Here we go again - rich white-collar criminals getting off the hook. State Prosecutors to Offer Bankers Grant of Immunity From Serious Charges
- Talk about hypocrisy!! I'm sure he doesn't consider the hundreds of millions his party receives from corporate America and wealthy folks a 'form of corruption'. Mitt Romney Compares Unions Making Campaign Donations to a 'Form of Corruption'
A 'culture of accountability' aimed only at poor people
As Ohio GOPers Cut Public Union Salaries, Records Show Republican Staffers Received Pay Raises Up To 37 Percent
During Secret Retreat With Billionaires, Koch Lobbyist Admits Tea Party Group 'Designed' To Elect Republicans In 2010
Goldman Sachs Gave Sen. Shelby $5,000 The Day After He Denounced The CFPB As 'Dangerous'
Donors to Senate GOP super committee members seek tax cuts, tax breaks
Did A Top GOP Staffer For Sen. Grassley Cover Up Evidence Of News Corp Hacking In The U.S.?
- NATURALLY!! Those regulators want a super-high-paying job when they leave the agency Regulators Poised to Soften New Bank Rules
Obama and Jobs: Why I Don't Believe Him Anymore
U.S. Has Weakest Labor Protections In The OECD
Candidates Head To SC To Sit At Jim DeMint's Right Hand
REPORT: The American Middle Class Was Built By Unions And It Will Decline Without Them
FBI Issues Small Aircraft Warning On Day Of Mysterious Marine One Grounding
Pima County GOP To Critics Of Gun Raffle: Screw It, We're Raffling A Second Gun, Too
- Conservative flame-thrower Michelle Malkin offered American workers a look back at the "top 10 union thug moments of the year." As it turns out, Malkin's union-bashing hyperbole differs little from the leading lights of the Republican Party. The Republican Party Wishes You a Happy Labor Day!
On Labor Day, Republicans Are Committed to Helping Create Jobs Overseas - Not in Ohio
- I cannot believe Rick Perry is allowing this to happen in his own state! Tea party Republicans cheer federal investment in Texas rail project
- Shareholders should reward CEOs for building better products or delivering better services, not for accounting gymnastics that game their tax bills down CEOs Rewarded for Corporate Tax Dodging
- A new report from the Institute for Policy Studies documents how America's top corporate execs are stiffing Uncle Sam - and lavishly lining their own pockets in the process Can Anyone Tackle Our Tax-Dodging CEOs?
- Finally, after trillions in fraudulent activity, trillions in bailouts, trillions in printed money, billions in political bribing and billions in bonuses, the criminal cartel members on Wall Street are beginning to get what they deserve. Full-Blown Civil War Erupts On Wall Street: As Reality Finally Hits The Financial Elite, They Start Turning On Each Other
Job One for Debt Panel? Pay for America's 9/11 Wars
Looks Like Obama Intends To Propose A Jobs Program That Gets People To Work For Free
Brutal Look At The "Cult Of GOP" By A Former GOP Staffer
Domestic drilling hits record high, yet GOP blames gas prices on Obama's 'anti-drilling' policies
- He becomes the latest member of the Bush administration to cash in on what should be cause for criminal investigation and likely prosecution. This is a classic chickenhawk, who himself got five deferments to avoid fighting his generation's war Dick Cheney wants you to forget
Bachmann 'Open To' Elimination Of Corporate Income Tax