All Links Will Open In A Popup Window
(With "respect" to Trump's stated favorite color - "gold, because it comes in gold" - we "honor" him with 'gold links'.)
(Hover Over or Tap Image)
Donald Trump is the most calculating con artist the world has ever known. As such, when he made promises throughout his campaign for President, he was simply playing to his racist & bigoted supporters. Even when he revised a promise, it was cunningly designed to entice his lessor-evil fence sitters. Therefore, as you read the varying versions of promises below you will find that he promised to fulfill some on his "1st day" in office, his "first 30 days" and his "first 100 days". Those time frames were determined like his promises: Whatever happened to come to mind on any given day.
But there's one campaign promise we all can certainly depend on: His promise to cut taxes, which will be guaranteed to add billions to his own businesses bottom line and personal bottom line, as well as his heirs'. Given he will officially become President at noon eastern time on January 20, 2017, expect that action to begin before sundown - if not before.
Farther below you will find a few vague details of his tax plan. There will be no plan to pay for the tax cuts except to say "the increased tax revenue from the millions of jobs that will be created by this action will pay for the tax cuts" - a tax cut promise that originated with the Ronald Reagan Presidency, then regurgitated by George W. Bush & his Administration; neither of which ever materialize.
That's the beauty of the scam: They're foretold to take years before desired results are realized (trickle-down-economics, or, if you prefer, supply-side-economics), therefore the promise-ee has been rewarded and long gone by the time the truth is known.
With that said, I give you Führer Trump's promises.
Donald Trump's Campaign Promises
Donald Trump Promises for 1st Day in Office - Thanks to MotherJones
- "Repeal every single Obama executive order." (He has also pledged more specifically to "eliminate every unconstitutional executive order.")
- "Repeal Obamacare." (On Trump's campaign website, he's less bullish, promising only to "ask Congress" on day one to repeal Obamacare immediately.
- "End the war on coal."
- "Begin swiftly removing criminal illegal immigrants from this country." (More specifically, Trump has promised to do this in his "first hour" in office, "day one, before the wall, before anything.")
- "Begin working on an impenetrable, physical, tall, powerful, beautiful, southern border wall."
- Meet with Homeland Security officials and generals to begin securing the southern border.
- "Notify all countries that refuse to take back dangerous illegal immigrants who have committed crimes in this country that they will lose access to our visa programs if they continue to do so."
- Convene his top generals and inform them they have 30 days to come up with a plan to stop ISIS.
- Fix the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Call the heads of major companies who are moving operations oversea[s] to inform them that they'll face 35 percent tariffs.
- "Contact countries and say...'Folks, we love protecting you, we want to continue to protect you but you're not living up to the bargain'...They're not paying what they're supposed to be paying - which is very little, by the way."
- "Defend the unborn."
- "Withdraw from TPP."
- "Start taking care of our...military."
- Suspend Syrian refugee resettlement.
- "Notify our NAFTA partners of my intention to renegotiate the deal."
- "Designate China as a currency manipulator."
- "Direct every agency in government to begin identifying all wasteful job-killing regulations, and they are going to be removed."
- *"Get rid of gun-free zones [in] schools" and "military bases" ---which would require repealing a 25-year-old federal law. ("My first day, it gets signed, okay? My first day. There's no more gun-free zones.")
- "Ask Congress to pass 'Kate's Law' - named for Kate Steinle - to ensure that criminal aliens convicted of illegal reentry receive strong mandatory minimum sentences."
- Learn the difference between Hezbollah and Hamas.*Also claimed to be done in 1st 100 days.
Donald Trump's Promises For First 30 Days In Office - Thanks to MotherJones (Donald Trump said his top Generals will have just 30 days after he enters Office to create a plan to defeat ISIS.
- Although Trump claims he knows "more about ISIS than the generals do. Believe me," he evidently expect the Generals to do the planning. "I'm going to convene my top generals and give them a simple instruction. They will have 30 days to submit to the Oval Office a plan for soundly and quickly defeating ISIS."
Meantime, he has revealed what he wants the plan to look like:
- "I will also quickly and decisively bomb the hell out of ISIS."
- "ISIS is making a tremendous amount of money because they have certain oil camps, certain areas of oil that they took away. They have some in Syria, some in Iraq. I would bomb the shit out of 'em. I would just bomb those suckers. That's right. I'd blow up the pipes...I'd blow up every single inch. There would be nothing left."
- "You heard me, I would take the oil. I would not leave Iraq and let Iran take the oil."
- "I don't want the enemy to know what I'm doing...All I can tell you, it is a foolproof way of winning, and I'm not talking about what some people would say, but it is a foolproof way of winning the war with ISIS."
- "The problem with politics is if I tell you right now, everyone else is going to say, 'Wow, what a great idea.' You're going to have 10 candidates go and use it, and they're going to forget where it came from, which is me. But no, I have an absolute way of defeating ISIS."
- "The other thing with the terrorists is you have to take out their families. When you get these terrorists, you have to take out their families."
- "I have a simple message for [ISIS]: Their days are numbered. I won't tell them where and I won't tell them how...We have to be unpredictable. And we have to be unpredictable starting now. But they're going to be gone. ISIS will be gone if I'm elected president. And they'll be gone quickly."
Donald Trump Promises for 1st 100 Days in Office - Thanks To NPRINFO: Visit link for relative information on each point.
- FIRST, propose a Constitutional Amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress.
- SECOND, a hiring freeze on all federal employees to reduce federal workforce through attrition (exempting military, public safety, and public health).
- THIRD, a requirement that for every new federal regulation, two existing regulations must be eliminated.
- FOURTH, a 5 year-ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service.
- FIFTH, a lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government.
- SIXTH, a complete ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections.
On the same day, I will begin taking the following 7 actions to protect American workers:
- FIRST, I will announce my intention to renegotiate NAFTA or withdraw from the deal under Article 2205.
- SECOND, I will announce our withdrawal from the Trans-Pacific Partnership.
- THIRD, I will direct my Secretary of the Treasury to label China a currency manipulator.
- FOURTH, I will direct the Secretary of Commerce and U.S. Trade Representative to identify all foreign trading abuses that unfairly impact American workers and direct them to use every tool under American and international law to end those abuses immediately.
- FIFTH, I will lift the restrictions on the production of $50 trillion dollars' worth of job-producing American energy reserves, including shale, oil, natural gas and clean coal.
- SIXTH, lift the Obama-Clinton roadblocks and allow vital energy infrastructure projects, like the Keystone Pipeline, to move forward.
- SEVENTH, cancel billions in payments to U.N. climate change programs and use the money to fix America's water and environmental infrastructure.
Additionally, on the first day, I will take the following five actions to restore security and the constitutional rule of law:
- FIRST, cancel every unconstitutional executive action, memorandum and order issued by President Obama .
- SECOND, begin the process of selecting a replacement for Justice Scalia from one of the 20 judges on my list, who will uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States.
- THIRD, cancel all federal funding to Sanctuary Cities.
- FOURTH, begin removing the more than 2 million criminal illegal immigrants from the country and cancel visas to foreign countries that won't take them back.
- FIFTH, suspend immigration from terror-prone regions where vetting cannot safely occur. All vetting of people coming into our country will be considered extreme vetting.
Next, I will work with Congress to introduce the following broader legislative measures and fight for their passage within the first 100 days of my Administration:
- [PAY VERY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THIS "Trickle-Down-Economics" PROMISE. You can ignore the part about mine & yours' 35% tax cut. THE FOCUS WILL BE EXCLUSIVELY ON THE VERY LAST SENTENCE:] Middle Class Tax Relief And Simplification Act. An economic plan designed to grow the economy 4% per year and create at least 25 million new jobs through massive tax reduction and simplification, in combination with trade reform, regulatory relief, and lifting the restrictions on American energy. The largest tax reductions are for the middle class. A middle-class family with 2 children will get a 35% tax cut. The current number of brackets will be reduced from 7 to 3, and tax forms will likewise be greatly simplified. The business rate will be lowered from 35 to 15 percent, and the trillions of dollars of American corporate money overseas can now be brought back at a 10 percent rate.
- End The Offshoring Act. Establishes tariffs to discourage companies from laying off their workers in order to relocate in other countries and ship their products back to the U.S. tax-free.
- American Energy & Infrastructure Act. Leverages public-private partnerships, and private investments through tax incentives, to spur $1 trillion in infrastructure investment over 10 years. It is revenue neutral.
- School Choice And Education Opportunity Act. Redirects education dollars to give parents the right to send their kid to the public, private, charter, magnet, religious or home school of their choice. Ends common core, brings education supervision to local communities. It expands vocational and technical education, and make 2 and 4-year college more affordable.
- Repeal and Replace Obamacare Act. Fully repeals Obamacare and replaces it with Health Savings Accounts, the ability to purchase health insurance across state lines, and let states manage Medicaid funds. Reforms will also include cutting the red tape at the FDA: there are over 4,000 drugs awaiting approval, and we especially want to speed the approval of life-saving medications.
- Affordable Childcare and Eldercare Act. Allows Americans to deduct childcare and elder care from their taxes, incentivizes employers to provide on-side childcare services, and creates tax-free Dependent Care Savings Accounts for both young and elderly dependents, with matching contributions for low-income families.
- End Illegal Immigration Act Fully - funds the construction of a wall on our southern border with the full understanding that the country Mexico will be reimbursing the United States for the full cost of such wall; establishes a 2-year mandatory minimum federal prison sentence for illegally re-entering the U.S. after a previous deportation, and a 5-year mandatory minimum for illegally re-entering for those with felony convictions, multiple misdemeanor convictions or two or more prior deportations; also reforms visa rules to enhance penalties for overstaying and to ensure open jobs are offered to American workers first.
- Restoring Community Safety Act. Reduces surging crime, drugs and violence by creating a Task Force On Violent Crime and increasing funding for programs that train and assist local police; increases resources for federal law enforcement agencies and federal prosecutors to dismantle criminal gangs and put violent offenders behind bars.
- Restoring National Security Act. Rebuilds our military by eliminating the defense sequester and expanding military investment; provides Veterans with the ability to receive public VA treatment or attend the private doctor of their choice; protects our vital infrastructure from cyber-attack; establishes new screening procedures for immigration to ensure those who are admitted to our country support our people and our values.
- Clean up Corruption in Washington Act. Enacts new ethics reforms to Drain the Swamp and reduce the corrupting influence of special interests on our politics.
Other and/or variations of Donald Trump Campaign Promises
Details of Major Campaign Promises That Trump Must Deliver On - Thanks to ThinkProgress
(Clink the ThinkProgress link for embedded linked-sources in text.)
Bringing back jobs.
Trump's acceptance speech promised "millions of new jobs." He later put a number on this: as many as 25 million jobs over the next 10 years and better than 4 percent GDP growth. To do this, he proposed renegotiating or canceling trade deals, tax cuts, deregulation, and reducing our spending on defense of our allies. He said that he alone can fix the system rigged against American workers. He said his plan would be the most pro-growth policy "perhaps in the history of our country." Americans should expect Trump to "fix the system so it works for all Americans" and spark massive job growth.
Major investment in cities and infrastructure. [Exactly what Obama tried to get GOP Congress to do.]
A common campaign refrain from Trump was that things are terrible for people living in America's cities. "What the hell have you got to lose?" he asked, noting that inner-city resident who are Latino and African American are "living in hell because it's so dangerous." In his victory address, Trump promised to "fix our inner cities and rebuild our highways, bridges, tunnels, airports, schools, hospitals. We"re going to rebuild our infrastructure, which will become, by the way, second to none. And we will put millions of our people to work as we rebuild it." If Trump's proposed "America's infrastructure first" plan is successful, Americans should expect to see major economic, safety, and infrastructural improvements in each of the nation's cities.
Mexico will pay for the wall.
Perhaps the most popular pledge at Trump's rallies was his oft-repeated vow that he would build a massive wall along America's southern border and would make Mexico pay for it. Though Mexico's president has said his country will not do so, Trump's plan is to use an increase in visa and border fees and to threaten to cut off payments from immigrants to their families. Americans should expect that Mexico will indeed pay for that wall in full.
Health care that beats Obamacare.
Trump and the GOP congress have promised to "repeal and replace" the Affordable Care Act. Trump plans to achieve that "by following free market principles and working together to create sound public policy that will broaden healthcare access, make healthcare more affordable and improve the quality of the care available to all Americans." Most often, he's simply said he'll replace the program that has provided healthcare to more than 20 million Americans with "something terrific." Americans should expect a healthcare policy that provides better care for all citizens at a lower price.
Trump claimed in 2015 to know even more about ISIS than America's generals and has vowed to "make life safe in America" by defeating the "barbarians of ISIS." He specifically assured LGBT Americans that he would protect them from ISIS "violence and oppression," and he has opined that calling the attacks "Islamic terrorism" would be essential to stopping them. He also hinted at a secret plan to defeat terrorism, scolding Hillary Clinton for putting her own plan on her website. Trump further said his "law and order" approach he would begin with "safety at home" and would "stop the gangs and the violence, and to stop the drugs" in America. Americans should expect an end to terrorism and and a massive, nation-wide drop in crime.
From NBC News Online, A Full List of Donald Trump's Rapidly Changing Policy Positions during his entire campaign.